“Authentic Italian”

Ranked #1 of 263 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fiorella’s, a hidden gem located off the beaten path in lovely Newtonville, has offered a truly unique dining experience through its cozy atmosphere, knowledgeable staff and delicious food. Fiorella’s welcomes and invites its visitors with its luring Fiorella’s signature smell, of the finest and freshest ingredients. The Fiorella’s family is dedicated to hospitality and committed to making diners feel right at home.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The initial experience was viewing and smelling the busy open kitchen while walking to our seats. The ambiance was bustling and cozy but not crowded. The menu provided a wide and interesting selection of Italian classics. Our table enjoyed calamari fritti, a fine antipasto plate, a butternut squash ravioli called "autumn harvest agnolotti," a moist salmon romano, and a chicken and pepperoni fra diavolo pizza baked in an 800-degree oven. Since we have relatives in the area (who recommended this restaurant), we'll be back.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've been going here with my parents for about ten years now and I always look forward to going back. The place is a bit small, but it is a family restaurant. It has nice lighting and an area where you can view the kitchen. The bread sticks they give you to start out are delicious and addicting, we always ask for refills. Just about everything I've ever tried on the menu is great, even things including ingredients I'm not usually a fan of. The staff are always friendly and efficient, and they leave a bowl of chocolate mints for when you leave. I don't ever remember leaving there unhappy or unsatisfied!!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I don't think this restaurant needs to advertise much as they seem to have a loyal following. I lived in Newton for years before I found this place somewhat hiden inside a residential and commercial area. Despite a few of the recent reviews, I've found their food to be 4-star. The bread stick & sauce appentizer is where they start, they always have a fresh salad which is a very good sign & their pasta and marinara sauce is worth coming back for.

They extend a birthday invitation with a discount that is a nice plus. Yes it does get crowded and noisy as pointed out by more than one reviewer, so it's good to pick an off-peak time to go, but they always have parking and I found the service is dedicated. No place is perfect, so if something is overlooked, but they rectify it, that too is a good sign.

1  Thank tanukisan2
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

This place is a treat. The bread before the meal is delicious melted cheese bread, the drinks are well made and the food is generally quite good. Chicken Marsala is my favorite, though we didn't love the lemon chicken dish... It was actually sweet. Yuck
I'd recommend it, and valet parking is free.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great italian restaurant in Newton, MA. Very friendly staff, love the open air kitchen with wonderful food. But beware we arrived at 5:20 on a saturday night and the restaurant was packed, although we got a table for two. So on weekends, I would recommend either very early dining or very late.