“No surprises; basic food, mediocre service.”
Review of UNO Chicago Grill - CLOSED

UNO Chicago Grill
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Staying at the Crowne Plaza across the street, went to Uno to get a chance of pace from the Martha's Restaurant in the hotel itself.

Uno has a large menu, and the selections look tasty on paper. I ordered a New England Clam Chowder and a small-plate Lobster Scampi. Neither were particularly good. The soup wasn't very hot, and the consistency wasn't great. Also there wasn't a whole lot of clam in the broth. The pasta wasn't al dente -- it was quite soft -- and the dressing was far far too oily. The lobster bits -- the few that were there -- were quite chewy.

The service wasn't much better. I waited over 10 minutes to get noticed after sitting down, and after my drinks & food were delivered, didn't see a server again for quite a while -- basically by the time I was ready for the bill. Not bad service, but certainly not what I'd call "attentive".

With all the other great options in Newton, I don't think I'll be back.

There are newer reviews for UNO Chicago Grill

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Went with a large party. It seemed no one wanted to wait on our table, of course no one at our table was drinking, maybe they saw that they were not going to get a large bar bill..When we did have service at our table it was quick and not friendly. Food was standard Pizzeria Uno fair, place is nice inside but whoever is in charge should really think about why they are in business, it is about the customer!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I go here often as I really enjoy the atmosphere. The hostess and Waite staff are very pleasant and knowledgeable. I love their salads, burgers, and pizza the most. It's not stuck up or slummy, just right in the middle so you can enjoy your meal. I have gone here on several occasions and bring my clients here as well. It is handicap accessible!

1  Thank Miz24
Reviewed February 20, 2012

It took at least 10 minutes for someone to come to our table after we were seated. Our waiter took our drink order and it was a while before we got 2 of our 3 drinks. He ignored our ddaughter's glass of milk. I asked that he bring my husband's soup out with all of our food so that my hungry, tired toddler would not have to wait, we had just driven 3 1/2 hours from NY. He said okay and then brought the soup out first anyway. He kept saying " we are super busy" yet there seemed to be many people working there and several empty tables.

My husband did say that he was impressed with the french onion soup for a chain and they have a great selection of wine and beer.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

I was so pleased with the service and food I wouldve eaten here every night! Its across from Crowne Plaza so its nice and close. The staff are amazing... especially helpful when you are starving and everything looks good on the menu!!!!

1  Thank mvks