“Unique place. Plan ahead to search for parking”

Dunn Gaherin's Food & Spirits
Ranked #6 of 263 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is a great Irish pub located off the beaten path on a side street in Newton. Everything is wonderful about the place except the parking. There are about 10 spots in a congested side lot. The street parking has signs every few feet saying "1 hour parking". Who wants to risk that? There is a lot about a block away. Bu that was full too. The last time I was there I was just about call my friends who were already inside to say, "forget it'" when a couple came out and I was able to take their spot.
Again the food and service are great. It's a popular place for something so hidden away. So it's worth the aggravation of finding Parking. My advice: carpool when possible.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

A friend brought me here while visiting for business and I was skeptical since I don't typically enjoy "bar food", but this place is a definite exception. The atmosphere is great, a tad noisy, but it's quaint, well-appointed, clean and fun.

I had the beef stew on special with a side of spinach that was absolutely delicious. It was so filling that I couldn't finish half of the potatoes. My friend had the sirloin tips and remarked how they were fantastic as well. There are some fairly unique offerings, such as eggplant fries, which I had never seen before.

You may have to wait a bit for a table since the seating area is not large, but eating at the bar is always an option. Service was great, bartenders were friendly and I highly recommend this unique spot.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

This place is in a quiet location near Wellesley but is always hopping with locals watching the game, sampling the good beer choices, or couples grabbing a surprisingly delicious meal at one of the tables. Wait staff are attentive and quick. Super friendly. We have loved most of our menu choices. Parking lot is awful, park on the street.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

The food here is average to above average. The waitstaff is very attentive and quick on their feet (reason for four instead of three stars). Cozy atmosphere. Parking a little tricky. We will most likely come back.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

For simple "comfort food" (roast turkey, burgers) you can't do better. On the other hand, I'm not the only one to notice that and the place can be a very noisy and crowded mob scene. I would advise an off-hour for dinner, which in their case means 5:45.