“Good local restaurant”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: at Route 9
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had not eaten here Ina number of years, but had good experience in the past,mso decided to give it another try. It did nit disappoint. The main issue was that even though we had a reservation we still had to wait 35 minutes for our table. Our waitress was excellent and Informative, the menu creative. I had the duck, which was quite good although the leg section was a little dry. Others in our pary had venison Oslo bucco, a halibut special and the sole. The sole is apparently the most popular item on the menu. Once we got past the wait, it was a very pleasant dining experience

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Good food, ordered tuna tartar as an appetizer and was delicious.The steak frites as an entree and was amazing. Desert had assortment of sorbets which were OK. Overall good food, a little on the expensive side and dark atmosphere but would highly recommend.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I went here with my girlfriend and another couple for Restaurant Week - It was fantastic. I had the pork which came with a medley of really delicious vegetables, as well as a delicious chocolate tart and for a starter a Salmon (Sushi) salad.

Despite it being Restaurant week, and just ordering off the discounted menu it was still pretty expensive, although we did order an additional two bottles of wine ($32 each)

Beware, normally the prices at this place are extreme; however, the food was very good and the service was great. Waiters and manager kept an eye on us and were friendly.

For the money, it was good but I'll admit I've had better for the same price (also limited menu because of Restaurant Week), and the atmosphere was pretty average. For a fancy french restaurant I felt like they could of made it seem like I was actually in France somehow... Plus the bathroom left much to be desired.

Overall though, it was a good experience, we had a great time in good company with friends and food.

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Aquitaine has long been one of my favorites - generally menu, food, atmosphere and service all combine for a great dinner out. So I was very surprised by last night's failures. The most surprising was an overcooked beef filet and the waiter who defended it. Ordered medium rare, it was medium. Instead of simply offering a replacement right away, he defended it - maintaining that it was medium rare in the middle ( even if grey in the ends) and making the customer feel like getting a properly cooked steak was too much trouble. The other failure was the bouef bourgoinion which was totally dominated by the taste of the bacon lardons. Good idea, poor execution. The menu is still superb and the rest of the meal was wonderful as usual, but a place this good shouldn't make mistakes this avoidable.

1  Thank Moonriser
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My friend and I decided to come here for restaurant week. I love french cuisine, and after reading some of the reviews, I had high hopes for this restaurant. It ended up being a disappointing dinner with unappetizing food and annoying service.

I started with the chilled tomato soup, which had beautiful presentation and color, but lacked flavor. It was slightly better after completely stirring in the small mount of green apple sorbet. Next I had the slow roasted pork with succotash and smoked bacon jus. The meat was unsavory, the sauce was unpleasantly sour, and my friend likened the vegetables to the frozen variety packs sold at super markets. The chocolate and salty caramel tart was overwhelmingly rich and sweet. I normally love rich desserts, but it was just too much, and we couldn't finish it.

To top it off, one of the servers kept asking to clear our plates. A few minutes after we received our dessert, he came over and asked if we were finished. I looked down, and I was only about a quarter of the way into the dish. He came back 5 minutes later, and I was clearly still not done. It really seemed like they wanted to get rid of us. The restaurant wasn't full, so we felt it was rather rude.

The one positive thing was that they included a glass of wine with the fixed price menu.