“Great date!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sycamore

Sycamore
Reserve with OpenTable
Sycamore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 256 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, MA
“Great date!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Newton Center really needed an outstanding, high end restaurant and Sycamore is it! Everything was delicious - my only complaint is how hard it can be to get a reservation. Very nice cocktail menu as well.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank JoshHM

Boston, Massachusetts
“Really Tasty Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Went to Sycamore the other night last minute. The food was extremely tasty--particularly the green garbanzo hummus (I wish I could eat this right now!) We had a bunch of other starters as well which were delicious and combined interesting farm to table ingredients. The Bluefish entree we had left a little to be desired, but it didn't diminish how great everything else was. You have to try a few cocktails they are quite unique. I had the Grey Lady, and then a drink with a local gin that was awesome. I definitely agree with Caitlin Taylor from the review below.

South Hamilton, Massachusetts
“A must-try - worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had been wanting to try Sycamore for a few weeks with a friend, but our plans ended up being last minute. We couldn't reserve a table last night (on a Wednesday) but we were able to sit at the bar, where they offer a full menu. It was totally worth it. We asked about the sweetness of the sangria and the bartender (I wish I could remember his name!) gave us a small glass to sample for ourselves. I went with the sangria, but my friend asked for further suggestions and both drinks she had were fantastic - particularly the Pimm's Cup.

We split several sides and starters. The bluefish pate and the green garbanzo hummus were two of the tastiest things I've ever eaten. We also had handmade tagliatalle, roasted heirloom carrots, and the peaches/herb plate - all outstanding.

I will definitely make a reservation in advance and come back again!

three way tn
“BLUEFISH phenominal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

ok, so decided to ignore the bread promised but not delivered, and the apps with just avg to good not great taste -coquettes and so-so eggplant.............and grant the coveted 5th star.
And all because of the fish.
My colleague had the flank steak - ok but not a knockout.
But the check made him smile - decent value for the money.
As regards the fish, the skin was crisped perfectly, the interior flaky/moist and the oiliness of the fish extracted - truly remarkable.
Stay with the entrees and maybe salads and you will likely return.
SHARP wine list.

1 Thank saratogajohn
Chicago
“Amazing Farm to Fork place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Our dinner was one of the best we had in Boston! We were stuck in the suburbs one night and followed the reviews on TripAdvisor... I'm so glad we did!

We ate:
Chilled Basil & Zucchini
Maine Mussels in a Ragot
Steak with a potatoe/artichoke puff
Everything was amazing!!

I even highly recommend the house red wine! That was even good!! Great service and not snobby. The chef and his team take pride in their food and it really showed!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ReneeD60035

Been to Sycamore? Share your experiences!