“Average”

Terry O'Reilly's Irish Pub
Ranked #45 of 266 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I've been wanting to try this pub since it went through a remodeling last summer. Unfortunately, our dinner there was completely average. I ordered a Cobb salad and it was ... forgettable. My partner ordered a burger and fries with curry sauce. The food was plain, my beer tasted odd (my partner didn't mind it so we swapped), and the waitress didn't seem to enjoy what she was doing that evening. There are so many other places to get a good meal in the area -- I don't think I'll be returning to this one.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stopped into this restaurant after not being 100% on Cafe St. Petersburg up the street. We walked into a pleasing and cozy atmosphere. The place was clean and the service efficient. Loved the roast beet salad they had on special. Reuben and shepherd's pie were good and the plates going by us looked fantastic. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Dined there last Saturday before the ND vs BC game. Ordered butternut squash soup - LOVED it. Better than mine. No kidding. Ordered 2 reubens. Not overly stuffed but certainly enough. The Portobello mushroom burgers were great. I think we had sweet potato fries and loved them too. All in all a good dinner before the game. Oh...our team won! wooooooooooohoooooo!!!

1  Thank NewYorkBobbie