“Gluten Unaware”

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Baltimore, Maryland
“Gluten Unaware”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a cool sushi and Korean place with high quality fish, a nice ambiance, almost everything you could want in a suburban restaurant except Gluten Free Soy Sauce.

The waitress at lunchtime seemed to have limited English language skills--but that's usually a good sign if your looking for authentic Asian cuisine. The one word not in her lexicon was gluten.

It's a real drag to have sushi with only wasabi as an accompaniment. If you come to this otherwise cool little place, bring your own gluten-free soy sauce.

1 Thank Black_Sox_Manager

Ottawa, Canada
“The Best Hwe Dup Bap”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was a terrific meal. I had hwe dup bap, and asked for a bit of kimchi to accompany my meal. The kimchi was delightfully sour, the fish had a great texture and flavour, and was terrifically well seasoned. Loved it!

1 Thank jpdaigle
Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic food, ok service”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

To get to this somewhat hidden place you need to follow a steep staircase passage between to closely standing buildings. The kitchen is great: as the name suggests you will find both Korean and Japanese kitchen elements on the menu. I was mostly focused on Korean, though I had a miso soup. Everything I tried was great.

Service is ok, but it could be a bit friendlier: on my question if I can sit outside on the patio I heard "no, because we did not clean it" :) Also there was a little drama when my friend and me asked to split the bill: turns out we should have asked for it before we started eating. On the bright side the service was fast.

1 Thank Mikhail K
Newton, Massachusetts
“Reliable quality, pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have been going to Sapporo for at least 10 years and every time has been good. They do not waver. I always order one of two meals because I love them so much (one sushi and one Korean). The owners are extremely sweet and attentive. Highly recommend!!

Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Food wasn't good”
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Went there for dinner on a Wednesdy night around 6:30. The restaurant was nearly empty which should have been a clue. I liked my California roll a lot but I didn't like any of the other food we got. Miso soup was bland and watery. Salad dressing was fluorescent orange and has a weird mayo-y taste. My chicken curry plate looked like, well, like someone had already eaten it -- and the curry had a weird powdery texture. The bi bim bap was bland. Disappointing.