“Great soup and sandwiches!”

New England Soup Factory
Ranked #30 of 260 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed September 23, 2012

There is an incredible variety of soups and sandwiches on the menu. The offerings change frequently and they never disappoint. If you want you can sample your choice before ordering. The ingredients are vey fresh. I love to go on a cold day and linger over some warm soup and crusty rolls. Just wish they could add more seating, but the wait for a table is well worth it!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I work right by Soup Factory and have been many many times for lunch. I have never tried anything I didn't like. My favorite is probably the African chicken with cashews-if only they had it more often! Yesterday I tried the turkey wrap which was also good.

They also have large to-go food to bring home for dinner.

There's always a long line but it moves quickly. It's not very pleasant to dine in because of how crowded it is.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

You only get one chance to make a first impression the old saying goes...
1st time here today, I ordered a pre-made sandwich and tried some soup, everything started great, offered samples of whatever, things were prepared and looked very nice showcased. The disappointment came when I decided to sit down, the seats were absolutely disgusting, each and every seat I tried to sit in was either covered in food, dried foreign substances that use to be food, and or stained with who knows what. Really? Everything else met my expectations but this was just gross, Imagine you just spend $20 on food, decide to sit only to be grossed out by the unkept furniture, I would have preferred to sit on the floor if there was a table at this height that is how nasty these seats were. I raised my voice and told the old man who was sitting at the cash register how I felt, as well as the other patrons in the place. I was told new furniture has been ordered, thanks old man but it doesn't make up for RIGHT NOW! Oh and this was not the only discrepancy, dead fly on the window sill next to the fake fruit which also appeared to be covered in dried food. My feeling is if its unclean in the front of the house and its okay with management what on earth does the back of the house where the food you eat is made look like? Scary thoughts....Will probably not rush back anytime soon...

Oh an I figured there may be a few more recent comments from the folks at Trip Advisor considering their corporate office is across the street - on second thought they all may already know something I did not...

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was in Newton on business and my colleague took me here to grab lunch to take back to work. I'm not wild about soup places in London (WAY too overpriced, same soups day after day), but I had a great experience here. The place was really busy, but we got a couple of minutes in the queue to work out what we wanted to eat and then service was quick and efficient. I liked that you could try the soups before you made your choice. I ended up with the Hamlet sandwich (good) and the gazpacho (excellent), with a lime cooler cookie. All in, it was around $10 which I thought pretty reasonable. My colleague raves about their chilli pie, which was huge and looked good. I'd definitely go back here on my next visit.

1  Thank MattJGibbs
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Always a great selection. Only downside is never enough seating and the lines on a cold or rainy day can make you walk in/out in without getting anything. I really like how they let you try as many of the soups you want before deciding.