“how things can change”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

we have eaten here quite a few times over the years. Our last two visits were very disappointing. We gave it a 2nd chance on june 4 or 6th. My meal was very bad and I ate only about 2 bites (pasta and chicken), my wife's meal was at best ok. That added to the very poor service sealed the deal for us---WE WILL NOT RETURN...
Jump forward one month. I had used a groupon for our june meal, so what would the meal cost be---$20 or $40 at the most?? Imagine my shock when I opened my Visa bill and FOUND THAT I HAD BEEN CHARGED $2300.

I CALLED THE RESTAURANT AND ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER. They could not find him. I left a message explaining the problem and asked for a call back. No return call. I called a week later at dinner time and same thing happened---'we don't know where he is...' I left another call back. At this point I decided to dispute the bill with Citibank. Almost 2 months later and it is still not solved, although I have received a provisional credit for $2260.

I was shocked to read today that at least one other party has also recently been way overcharged for their visit to this restaurant. SOMETHING IS AMISS HERE.

I also note that groupons are still available and being sold. My advise, GO ELSEWHERE or pay cash if you must visit this establishment.

1  Thank robert k
There are newer reviews for Appetito

Reviewed August 23, 2013

After seeing recent reviews I was very worried about our reservations at this restaurant. We had been years ago, and liked it. Our twin nephews had a birthday coming up, and they loved Italian food. So like so many others, I bought a Groupon.

I have to say it was really wonderful. The server couldn't have been more attentive. The food, from the bruschetta appetizer to the gnocchi, capellini with fresh tomatoes, and cioppino in a delicious seafood broth were all well cooked (and not overcooked.) What most impressed us, however, was how fresh everything was, just as we have always thought the best Italian food should be. We will go again for sure--without the Groupon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were out of town visitors. Our hotel recommended this place. What a huge mistake. The food was average, but what was worse our credit card was charged over $1,000.00 for a $100.00 meal. We have made repeated attempts to get this matter fixed, but have been ignored by the restaurant. Avoid this place at all costs before this happens to you.

2  Thank socialworkerfl
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We used to love Appetito. Then it got ... tired. We've always loved the bar, so we stopped in for a quick glass of wine this winter ... and remembered that we'd used to like this place. So, we're back. The bar is still great. We had the asparagus salad. Nothing magical, but very good. And two pasta dishes. The pasta is priced very competitively ... and was pretty yummy. Both dishes we tried could have benefited from a little more depth, but, again, they were good. The bar just has a nice vibe. I would recommend Appetito and I'm sure we'll be back.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good food, however our meal started off when we were sat at a table that neither my spouse or I could move. Server had an attitude. Other servers seemed better.

As we were leaving owner (host) was seen coming out of the local liquor store purchasing more wine. We had two more restaurant.com gift certificates for Appetito that we immediately returned upon our arrival home.