“Not as good as it used to be.”
Review of Appetito - CLOSED

Appetito
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our meal was a disappointment. The mussels with roasted fennel had no fennel in them that we could detect. The salad with poached pears was lame. And the waitress was not at all gracious-- it felt like we were in a diner.

There are newer reviews for Appetito

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food quality was very good. It was very rich, but I guess partly that is what makes it taste so good. The restaurant itself can use a facelift though. Pricing there is comparable to restaurants who offer both, a good ambiance and good food, but Appetito is due for a major renovation.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The place is very overpriced. Portions are very small for the quality and quantity of the food. Definitely skip groupons and restaurant.com coupons - you will not get any fair deal... Skip is one word that comes to my mind.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Meals are always good without breaking the bank. With the growing list of high-end restaurants in Newton, we appreciate the value of Appetito. If they took reservations, we would go more often, but it can be worth a little wait. Best if you like pasta dishes.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Me and my husband went to Appetito last night since we haven't been there at least 5-6 months. As both of us love Italian, we ordered pasta dishes. Our waitress was extremely attentive and nice. She informed us and checked on us every so often to see how we are doing. She mentioned that they have a new chef and I realized that when I saw my "usual" dish. It looked and tasted different but I love it. At the end of the dinner, we got a chocolate souffle which was a home made heaven with an ice-cream on top! Everything was excellent except that Appetito started including your TIP in the bill?? Me and my husband thought this was a very rude step taken by appetito. I do not know if Appetito knows the meaning of the tip but it is known as "a voluntary additional payment made for services " .Tip can not be mandatory. I hope they will realize this mistake soon.