“Solid Comfort Food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of O'Hara's Food & Spirits

O'Hara's Food & Spirits
Ranked #6 of 257 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“Solid Comfort Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went on a Sunday night, shortly after expansion of their dining room. Waited five minutes to ask for a table but I couldn't find the host, so I reached out to a busboy, then 2 servers, all of whom smiled and stated they were not responsible for seating us. I guess I ticked off the manager because he placed at a table 3' from the door to the kitchen when the new dining room had 5 open tables. The food here is pure comfort and a decent value. Generally a friendly vibe, unless you tick off the host. Ooops :(

Nashua
“Always A Good Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Have been to Ohara's often and have never been disappointed with the meal. Generous portions, very low prices, friendly service and atmosphere makes it a fun place to visit. Newly enlarged, the wait time has lessened and eating area less crowded. The bar is always full and folks seems to be having a great time. You won't be sorry you've gone to O'Hara's or its sister pub, Paddys, in Newtonville, MA

“Love our O'Haras!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I first discovered my future favorite pub in 1987. I've been a regular ever since, and I've watched the business Mr O'hara flourish and grow, and now his sons carry on it's tradition of great service and good food! I eat or drink at O's at least 3 times a month or more. The food is great as is the friendly service, from Carl and John to all the staff.
I enjoy their hospitality regularly with everyone from family to coworkers. I highly recommend their pizza as strange as this may sound at a tradional Irish pub. The bar and restaurant are spotless, and the front facade is beautiful, with flowers hanging out front all summer and inviting lights trimming the building in the winter months. Be warned..they are packed for dinner between 5 and 9!! Despite the recent interior expansion!
If too crowded you can drive crosstown to their sister bar Paddy's! More about Paddy's next!

Newton, Massachusetts
“This is our Favorite Neighborhood Tavern”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We visit O'Hara's almost every month for their low key atmosphere, wide selection of quality foods, and local flavor. Our favorite is their fried chicken pizza or Shepard's Pie, although we have never ordered anything which we have regretted. Most summers they are able to get waitresses whole hail from Ireland so you have a real Irish feel. This is the place in Newton where we feel we get the best value for the experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Fast service and solid food on a Monday evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

When I visited, around 6pm on a Monday evening, we were seated right away. The exterior is nicely decorated for the holidays. Atmosphere inside is casual yet clean. O'Hara's has a good selection of beers on tap as well as bottled options. Both of us enjoyed our Caesar salads (except the croutons, which had an artificial flavor of some sort on them) and we thoroughly enjoyed our shepherd's pie and chicken curry. We took plenty home to bring to work for lunch the next day. I would definitely return.