“Can get a "Good" rating some nights; time to step up its game”
Review of Met Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Met Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Convenient spot to meet for apps and drinks and generally there's a lively crowd in the front bar on Wed/Thurs nights. Bar menu fare is above average, bartender is very attentive and friendly and free valet parking is nice perk. Needs to step up its game with the new options in the area (Newton Center, The Street)

1  Thank W T

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Boston burger is delightful. Comes with Bacon, cheese and a fried egg. Sound gross. Non way, it was wonderful. The burger was overdone, hence the 4 rating and not a 5.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had a very nice group reception and dinner here and the staff took care of us and made the group feel welcome. Phil and Emily took very good care of us and all the food came out hot and prepared as desired.

Overall no complaints and will be glad to return for our next event.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This restaurant has the makings of something special but is lacking when it comes to the meal prep. My onion soup was very good until I had a heavy onion skin in my mouth. I have never had this happen before and would have overlooked mentioning it until the lady next to me found hair in her springroll. I was there for a wedding shower so maybe things were rushed for the 30 people there but this is unusual and poor practice.

The service was excellent and the host most accommodating.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have been here several times mainly for drinks. Last night went for a cocktail and tried there GRILLED JUMBO CHICKEN WINGS Kentucky Spice Rub / Honey Mustard. The serves was great as always, the drinks good. The wings need a little help. They come as a whole wing, I feel really should be sectioned, the rub is good and mustard is okay. Again, I noticed like other bars, the glass are dried as stacked up together, one on top of the other, a big big no no, as this causes bacteria growth.

Will return again, will ask for freshly cleaned glass and hopefully enjoy a good burger which I have not tried yet.