“A wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alderwood Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton
Alderwood Bed and Breakfast
You added Alderwood Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Ranked #4 of 6 Newton B&B and Inns
Glendale, California
“A wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay a great deal.

I stayed in the smaller room, which was very nice and remarkably inexpensive. It was the perfect size for me. I had the run of the house which is very pretty and peaceful.

I was visiting my daughter at Boston College and I could get there incredibly easily by taking the BC shuttle virtually across the street at the Newton campus. If you're going to downtown you can get there pretty fast on the Turnpike but its not centrally located. There is a bus but no T stop nearby.

Myra and Richard are great hosts. They are world travelers and interesting people and fun to talk to. They took care of everything I needed. I felt like an old friend visiting from out of town, which is my ideal in a B&B.
looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Alderwood B&B in April 2011, while on a college-visiting trip to WPI (Worcester Polytechnic Institute). The public transportation connections from the Boston airport to the town of Newton were easy to figure out online, and our host Richard drove us between the train station and the bed and breakfast. Newton was a good staging location between Boston and Worcester. Our hosts mentioned that many people stay at Alderwood while visiting Boston College, which is very close by.

Alderwood B&B is a lovely private home in a quiet tree-lined neighborhood. We rented both of the available bedrooms, which share a separate bathroom. Very comfortable, very clean. Not sleek and chilly, not full of chintz and knick-knacks. Lovely, attractive, and restful.

Myra and Richard are gracious and interesting hosts. Myra’s breakfasts are fresh and appealing, and her excellent paintings contribute to the restful, at-home feeling you get there.

Very nice people, and a highly-recommended B&B.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Corvallis_OregonMom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Sheraton Needham Hotel
3.5 of 5 stars 527 reviews
Crescent Suites Hotel
#6 of 11 in Waltham
5.0 of 5 stars 223 reviews

Been to Alderwood Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!