“Yum!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Went for breakfast. So many yummy sounding options it was hard to do it but I went with the classic- two eggs with sausage. The bread was so good. Crusty and toasted perfectly! They didn't have a jelly caddy on the table and I didn't want to ask for any so I ate it plain buttered as it came. The home fries were of the deep fried cubed variety. A little greasy but hey, thats what makes em good. The place is very small and the locals who brought us out said it gets very busy and the line is out the door on the weekend mornings. We went on a weekday morning after 10am and it wasn't too busy.

Prices are pretty reasonable. The decor is cute but it isn't your typical diner. The staff were friendly. The menu looked great, I wish I lived closer so I could try more of their options!

2  Thank Stefanie G

Reviewed December 17, 2012

OH YES, I believe my search has ended for the diner that prepares every single one of my favorite breakfast foods to perfection! The breads are homemade, so the toast and English muffins are amazing - no food service mega loaves of bread here, no way - they serve artisan breads, toasted perfectly, fabulous. The corned beef hash - WOW!! - my favorite style of pieces of whole corned beef (not ground!!!) cut into edible chunks, crispily fried, and with the addition of capers - inspired! The pancakes, oh man, every mouthful screams buttermilk!!, super flavorful!! Eggs perfectly cooked! The final element of awesomeness are the home fries, the red bliss potatoes cooked to crispy perfection - no pale, only-just-cooked home fries, oh no - these are flavored and crisped to culinary heavenliness! Yes, I effuse, because breakfast food, so seemingly simple, is thereby, so hard to get right! The easier it is, the better it better be! OH, and the Eggs Alaska - Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, was lovely - lots of super high quality smoked salmon, no skimping on the capers, very nice.

2  Thank lexmiller
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Went here for the first time in November and we liked it so much that we ended up going back for a 2nd time! As others have noted, it's not truly a diner in terms of the menu, but it still offers a variety of cuisine options at fairly reasonable prices. The burger menu is especially good -- I've enjoyed the Green Lantern burger (actually both times I came here) and others I've dined with have loved the veggie burger which is sweet potato based. The appetizers are good as well. Good service, nice ambiance. Overall, nothing bad to say about this place except that it can get quite crowded due to its small size. A nice addition to the area!

1  Thank jays165
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our family has gone here twice and have been impressed.

Both times were for dinner (they recently expanded hours until 10 PM) so there was no wait. There are many choices that go beyond the traditional diner fare. And like a good diner, breakfast is available anytime. We've ended up getting a variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner items and they have all been very good.

Service was friendly and attentive. They emphasize fresh and locally grown food which you could see and taste. Prices were reasonable.

We'll be going back!

2  Thank mad175
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I recently moved here from a city that really loved breakfast. We've been disappointed with the breakfast places that we've been to so far.

This Monday we went to Rox Diner and loved it. It may not have been my top three but it definitely made us feel at home. Their Eggs Benedict was the best one I've had in Boston so far. My husband's yogurt dish was delicious as well.

It's a great place if you're trying to eat local and organic ingredients. I would like to go back and try some of the omelets!

The place was a little pricer than I expected but otherwise else it was great!

1  Thank JSab2008

Been to Rox Diner? Share your experiences!