“Hidden gem in the burbs”

Tartufo Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tartufo Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 260 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Conveniently located on the Green line, D line, Newton Center stop
Reviewed December 4, 2013

What a great evening with great food. Went with work colleagues/friends. Ordered a terrific Tuscan wine, good wine list. Our waiter, Chris, told us the specials and whipped out his phone to show us pictures. Cool. Started with salads. Solid. But the main dishes were awesome. The pasta is homemade. I ordered a special with lobster, clams and mussels with pappardelle. Divine. Others had salmon or a seafood pasta. So happy I found this place.

1  Thank Desiree F

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Great cozy resturant to have a meal or date. Reservation needed for dinner, but worth it. Food prepared with a flair, portion are adequate, but a bit pricey.Senic view from the tables at the bar, great area to have dinner as well.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We live a little over a mile away and have been here a number of times. We find the food very good. It is Italian, but clearly not "red sauce." The osso buco special was very good, but not the best I have ever had. The pasta dishes were also very good. The dining room is small and cozy, but also noisy. Service is excellent. There are a number of restaurants in Newton Centre. I would consider Tartufo one of the better ones.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I work in the area but had never been to Tartufo, until the other night......my best friend and i ended up going there for dinner using a livingsocial coupon. The property itself is somewhat small but the food makes it worth it. the bar area ia spaceous and inviting. We had two apps the carppacio and mussels, both were great. I find it hard to find any restaurant that has carpaccio, so i really enjoyed this with fresh olive sized capers. the mussels were in a red sauce where we could have sworn it said white wine sauce, but still good. I had clams and shrimp tagitelle and loved it! My friend had the half lobster and found it very spicy! but we both finished our meals either way. we had two bottles of red wine for a nice paring. service was a little slow but i know they are short staffed right now so that was not an issue for us. I will definately return to enjoy Dante's (executive chef) creations again soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

and great food and great prices. There was nothing "typically Italian" about the fabulous menu. We loved the welcome we received and our dinner was delicious. It was Saturday night and very busy and very loud. If you enjoy intimate conversation, ask for a reservation at a less than peak hour.