“Fantastic service and very good food”

The Cottage Chestnut Hill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cottage Chestnut Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 263 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hammond Parkway
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Went for dinner. Server Drew was incredible. Very attentive and informative. Sweet potato crusted cod delicious. Wife loved the lobster cobb salad. Dessert great too. Bright, clean simple decor. Glass and wood dividers between booths kept noise down so my wife and I could have a conversation, even though the restaurant was busy.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've been to the Wellesley Cottage before, and was not really impressed with the Newton location.

The restaurant itself is very nice, beautiful interior and great service; however, the food was nothing to write home about. Our waitress was very candid about what she thought, much appreciated ("is the risotto good?" "well...if you've had good risotto, then I'm not sure"), so she did steer us in the right direction. That being said, I don't think this restaurant's food is worth the price paid. The price is all for the atmosphere, which is undeniably, very nice.

Try the chicken tenders--they're very lightly breaded and have a lot of meat, I found this unusual and a plus.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We've been going to The Cottage in Wellesley on a regular basis since they opened. This past Father's Day we decided to try the Chestnut Hill location and it did not disappoint! The menu is the same and the food is delicious as always. Our server was very attentive. One extra perk: No annoying alcohol rules, since Newton isn't a dry town like Wellesley. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Located right next to Legal SeaFoods at the Chestnut Hill Shopping Center is The Cottage Restaurant. Be amazed at the finest Fish Tacos east of Southern California, made with grilled Mahi Mahi, these are definitely a diner's treat. They serve a somewhat limited menu, but with enough variety to satisfy every palate. They as well cater to those with Gluten allergies, offering enough of a selection to satisfy those taste buds as well.

Do not pass up the desserts, they are excellent and large enough to share. The server was very attentive and accommodating to special requests, so please don't be afraid for a bit of a twist to your order.

I give them a thumbs up for what is the 5th of what I anticipate to be many more visits.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I went with two clients who want to experience Boston fine dining. the place was very clean and "home" feeling. I noticed only white Americans working there and have heard it may be intentional. I'm sure we're wrong with this. The food was very satisfying, the server sweet, knowledgeable, and perfectly timely. I enjoyed the visit very much and would love to return again.