“Great breakfast (and Lunch)”

Deluxe Station Diner
Ranked #33 of 261 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Pancakes are fantastic. Recently visited for lunch and had a great Ruben. Milkshakes (Frappe's) are very good too.

There are newer reviews for Deluxe Station Diner

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had been going to this place for several months and enjoyed the atmosphere, food and libations.
A few weeks ago, I went there with 6 friends (all professionals) and the manager told us we couldn't come in because one of the people in our party had an empty cup in his hand. He was extremely obnoxious and offensive. Instead of offering to throw the cup away for my friend, the manager told all of us we could not enter.
We walked to the corner and spent almost $400 at Terry O'Reilley's and they were happy to have us.

2  Thank John P
Reviewed August 10, 2013

It was crowded on a Sunday morning, but the three of us were seated within 20 minutes. Waitress was pleasant and helpful. The menu had a lot of interesting choices. The quality and taste of the food was good; not super-fantastic. The setting and decor were very nice and added to the experience. Each of us was satisfied. I would return.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was super excited to find a good breakfast place outside of Boston. It seems like breakfast isn't really a priority in the city as most people eat at home or grab a coffee and Danish to take with them on their way to work. Good friends introduced me to this diner which is located in an old train station. The diner is conveniently located right next to the D line T stop so you don't even need a car to get here. Recently stopped by the diner with friends to enjoy a typical egg breakfast, as well as blue cornmeal flapjacks, Rhode Island johnnycakes and a salmon and egg breakfast sandwich. Everything was delicious! The reason for the 4/5 stars is that the service was a bit slow....this time. I HIGHLY recommend the Deluxe Station Diner for breakfast and any other meal where you would like to enjoy a hearty meal in a historic setting.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

So many wonderful choices on this menu! Something for everyone. My personal favorite is the Beans and Franks. My favorite childhood memory (Beenie Weenies) gone totally upscale! Nice central location and right on the T. Not over priced as one might expect for a Newton venue.