“Something for everyone!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've reviewed this restaurant before and last mentioned they might need to do a deep cleaning. I stand behind that statement, but their food is great and they have an option for everyone.

Come here if you have a group of people that don't know what they want.

Drinks are very good and they have a nice selection of beers as well.

If you come during brunch times, it can get very busy and you'll have a wait, but it's worth it!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great diner in Newton Center adjacent to the T-stop. It took over a Starbuck's. The menu is vast and has something for everyone- we went in six today with very varied tastes (vegetarian to breakfast lover to meat lover) and everyone walked away satisfied. Variety of bread is great and don't miss the eggplant fries.
It is often full (read: crowded) so there is a wait. I have been here 3 times over the last year and it has always been good.
It does get a bit noisy if you sit by the kitchen.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great decor, quick friendly service, dishes with fresh ingredients, and very moderate prices. My only complaint would be the food needed a bit more salt, but this would be good for folks looking for low sodium diets.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

To be fair: let me say the food was decent and the aesthetic was great (I loved the whole steampunk vibe). I was also in a large party.

That being said, I had a terrible time. My group was seated in a tight fit table (as we are good friends, it wouldn’t have been bad) but it was right near the busing station and serving wear. The bus boys kept congregating in groups and talking loudly. And one of the members of my party kept getting his feet stepped on.

To understand the worst part of the situation, I should state that the kitchen is open and you can see into it. There’s like a half wall dividing it from the rest of the restaurant. Which is part of why what happen, happened. One of the bus boys dropped a bunch of dirty dishes (pots and pans from the kitchen) onto the floor near our table, and spattered me (I should say bathed because it was a lot) in raw egg. It got on my shoes, skirt, sweater and skin. I was really upset. The guy muttered a hasty sorry and cleaned up the floor, but really didn't seem concerned about me. I told our waitress and she seemed properly concerned but did nothing.

I honestly expected to see a manager or something. Not that our waitress was all that great either. She came for our order so fast I thought I might get whip lash (it’s a good thing we looked while we were waiting to be seated). She just brought our food and then the bill. She didn't check how our food was or anything; didn't ask if we wanted dessert or coffee. We saw very little of her at all during our meal.

When the bill did come we found the drinks to be fairly expensive (over $3 for a cup of tea!). I kind of expected my meal to be comped for the incident, but no. I know it was an accident, but raw egg is not something you can just wipe off and move on with. I had t to about bath myself in hand sanitizer to feel even close to clean.

Overall, not a good time.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Came here for a quick bite to eat after the brunch rush on Sunday and still had to wait about 10 minutes for a table to open up.

This is a great place for everyone -there are a ton of options on the extensive menu to choose from. The place has great energy and lots of noise since it's always pretty packed.

I think the only thing to improve upon is the service and the cleaniness. Staff is very friendly, but not as welcoming as you'd expect and a little slow when it comes to checking in and greeting you and making sure you have everything you need.

As far as cleanliness, I think it just needs a good steam cleaning. It's kind of "sticky" everywhere and just didn't feel super clean in the booth.

I'll be back because the food is good and it's a place where everyone can get what they want!