“Cute place, food not so great”
Review of B Street Restaurant - CLOSED

B Street Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: MBTA Green Line "D" branch to Newton Center.
Description: B Street Restaurant & Bar is a neighborhood spot in Newton Center. B Street's menu features reasonably priced familiar food with a bit of an upscale flair. Our comfortable bar offers a full selection of liquors and specialty cocktails. An extensive wine list is served by the glass or bottle. Our beer selection includes familiar national brands as well as many local and regional craft beers.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Had dinner at B street tonight. I was looking for a delicious salad. I ordered the Caesar with chicken and was served the absolute worst looking lettuce in a small bowl with a very tough brest of chicken. It's pretty hard to mess up a Caesar salad but will have to say it was pretty bad. Lettuce was not green or fresh.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

B Street is very comfortable. I always feel good to be here. Menu will satisfy lots of tastes with a good selection. Portions are generous. Wine selection is good. Had potato leek soup which was served nice and hot but not memorable. Burger was done to specs and very tasty! Still one of my favorite stop in places with friends.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a few times both for lunch and dinner. I was more impressed with the lunch menu, and the food was tastier. They have a great drink menu, and very solid wine by the glass menu. I will be going again, and recommend it!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

B Street is a nice little restaurant tucked away in Newton Center. I have been here for dinner several times and have never had to wait for a table despite it being rather small. Although, if you have a large party, I would recommend getting reservations.

The mushroom ravioli is my go-to dish. The ingredients taste fresh and the sauce is delicious. I also recommend the eggplant hummus, which is a great way to start off your meal.

But because of the size, it does feel a little cramped when the restaurant starts to fill up. The hostess table is also toward the back of the restaurant which makes it a little distracting when people are constantly walking back and forth past your table.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

As a new Newton resident hailing from Seattle, I have been on the market for a great brunch place. Per the recommendation from a friend, I decided to try B street. What a treat it was! Will have to call my friend back and thank her. I went for brunch this past Sunday and had the most wonderful experience. Our server Kendra was prompt, personable, and great with suggestions from the menu. I ordered the breakfast flatbread - oh my goodness! It's the best brunch food I've ever gotten. I also ordered the Bloody Mary and boy was that good!

Everything about this place is incredible. It's cozy and cute and the music is lovely. Only bad thing I could say is the dreadful family next to us sending their food back repeatedly. What a nuisance! We had a wonderful time and I plan on making coming to b street a regular thing!