“Neighborhood Place”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Small public parking lot across the street. Most of the people inside seemed to be locals. Friendly service, shown to table quickly. Service a little slow but not terrible (perhaps catering to the locals). Excellent quality of food, small portions. Drink prices perhaps a shade above average. Limited selections.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a nice neighborhood spot with very ok (but not wonderful) food, based on our experience. We had dinner there because we were in the area. It isn't a "fine dining" experience, but prices are much lower and value higher than many fancier places. Service was friendly and prompt. Owners were onsite cooking and bartending. Everything was fresh and well-cooked, but the food tended to be underseasoned and flavors were somewhat muted. Lentil soup was ok, but could have used more lentils, onion, and seasoning. Fish cakes were a little bland by themselves, but were perfectly cooked and delicious with the horseradish sauce and capers. Veal marsala was made with sweet marsala, not dry, so while veal itself was very good quality, the dish was cloyingly sweet. Shrimp scampi was ok, good shrimp, ok pasta, but needed more garlic, salt, and pepper. Portions were good-sized. I'd happily eat there again, and would love to try it for lunch, but I probably wouldn't drive too far to do so.

1  Thank Maurice H
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Amazing staff that served us a great Italian Lunch. Amazing eggplant dishes and sandwiches.
Highly recommend this hidden gem resturant as a must eat place when visiting Newtown or Boston Mas.

Service was great and prices reasonable. Coming from Canada to visit Boston, this place made our stay enjoyable. Keep up the great work Mario and Anthony!!!! Hope to visit you guys another time. A must stop place to eat when visiting Boston Mas.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Delicioius, delicious, delicious. GREAT place for dinner. Romantic, peaceful atmosphere, great staff, amazing choices, delicious wines....what a find in Auburndale. The restaurant does a dis-service to themselves by not publicizing their dinner menu online, but trust me, you will be extremely happy to discover this place. I'm going back asap... The Globe review really does describe this place perfectly. Delicious food, amazingly reasonable prices. You will love this place.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place was recommended by the receptionist at my hotel. I missed it at first but when I stopped at a local wine shop they recommended it as well and helped me find it. The staff was very friendly and the place was clean but nothing fancy! We order the half and half - half of a sandwich with a half salad or soup. ($8.95) The portion was huge and the portobello panini was excellent. A small glass of wine was pricey - $7.00 but good.
I will definitely return the next time I am in the area.