“Comfy, cozy, and delicious haven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Village B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton
A Village B&B
You added A Village B&B to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 6 Newton B&B and Inns
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Comfy, cozy, and delicious haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

All the things you'd want in a B&B are here at A Village B&B.
Full disclosure... My S.O. and I are NOT real B&B people. The first few hours of the day should be met - as god intended - with single syllable words/noises, strong coffee, and dead-tree based newspapers. So it was rather a surprise to find how much we enjoyed the hospitality and the morning feast supplied by our gracious and friendly host, Claudia, and her wonderfully sensitive partner-in-crime, Sarah. Using a tag-team approach they met every need with perfect timing and taste.
Our upper level suite was a perfect hideaway to recover from our daily jaunts around the area; jaunts made easier by the access to so many transportation options - public and private. The single drawback - if it can even be called that - was "clearance" in the upper level bathroom. My six-foot tall frame spent a lot of time hunched over adapting to shower door frames and gabled ceilings in a tiny bathroom. This is a minor issue I mention only as an awareness for potential guests six feet or taller.
All that being said, if ever an Inn embodied the, "Mi casa es su casa" philosophy, A Village B&B would be it. We'll be returning whenever our travel needs take us to the Boston area.

Room Tip: Although the entire house is available for hanging out, staying in a suite is wonderful if you'r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ArthurF333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at A Village Bed & Breakfast in late November, 2012. My short noticed booking resulted in splitting my stay in the Garden Suite on the first floor and Katie's Room on the second floor. I found the Garden Suite very roomy and liked the large private bathroom. I also liked that it is more private due to its location in the back of the house. Katie's room is also very nice and cozy, several large windows that lets in lots of morning light. Katie's Room shares hall bathroom with the main office and Emily's room, which is the other guest room on the second floor. In general, I found both rooms to be pleasant and clean, and not lacking in amenities.

Breakfast is continental, and very generous. There are lots of fresh fruits, cereals, breads, pastries, cheeses, preserves, yoghurts, eggs, coffee, juice, milk, and soy and rice milk alternatives. A Village B&B does not serve hot breakfasts.

I found the location to be convenient for my purposes, since it was near to the Newton Highlands Station and local businesses and restaurants. I also find that the area is quiet in the evenings and feel safe in the neighborhood. There is a nice restaurant at the corner of the block called 51 Lincoln which I enjoyed very much, especially with their Tuesday special on oysters.

There were two quirks I thought worth mentioning. One is the parking situation where the long driveway means that guests must park in a way that allowed everyone to enter and exit, or someone will end up getting blocked. The other is that there is a bell that tolls on the hour every hour, and I wasn't sure whether it was coming from outside or inside the house. I suspect that it is from outside. I didn't bother to ask, since it wasn't an issue with me.

I enjoyed my stay very much. I found the my host and proprietor, Claudia, very personal and accommodating. She made sure that I wasn't wanting for anything, and was flexible in arranging my stay there. I would recommend anyone who are planning to stay in Newton to consider A Village B&B. I will stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Choose the Garden Suite if you can, or take both Emily's and Katie's rooms if you have to sp...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Goshen, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Why stay at a big hotel chain when you can stay at a beautiful, quiet bed and breakfast for a more than perfect rate? I'm so glad that I chose to stay here. Claudia was very friendly and nice to talk to before we left for the day and when we came back at night. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: We stayed in Katie's room, which has a lovely bay window facing the front of the house.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chesterfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in the ground floor suite which has a king size bed, private bathroom, and an enclosed screened-in porch. The room is furnished nicely and has a desk with outlets to charge your electronics. A very large flat-screen TV is on one wall. There is a mini fridge as well as controls for heat/air conditioning.The bathroom has a tub with a separate shower and natural products (shampoo/conditioner/soap) are provided for guests. Claudia gives guests a card in which they can mark off which breakfast items they prefer. We were offered: coffee, juices, bagels and spreads, biscotti, scones, hard-boiled eggs, cereals, and fresh fruit. Also, this B&B is about 1 block away from the Newton Highlands "T" stop, making it easy to commute into Boston.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Easy access to the "T" , highway and local neighborhoods. We stayed on the 3rd floor "Penthouse Suite" which was spacious and offered us the convenience of a kitchen, sitting area and private bath for our extended visit. Extremely clean, comfortable rooms and a wide variety of items for the continental breakfast.
Claudia was very helpful, friendly and quite interesting

Room Tip: Each room was well appointed. Rooms with a shared bath were on the 2nd floor and with the varied ti...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Moretown, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Staying here is really easy with great access to local stores and restaurants( one is with in 2 minutes from the front door) as well as access to the train into Boston and local highways.
I recommend staying here to all my friends and business associates. The owner of the B&B is over the top when it comes to helping you with your stay, directions and places to visit. The breakfast is great, the accomadations clean and comfortable. A "home away from home"

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The B&B is in a beautiful house in Newton, which is a really nice neighbourhood about 15 mins drive from central Boston. The house is spotless, the rooms are very comfortable and the breakfast was delicious - what more could you wish for?! Claudia, the lady who runs the B&B and also lives there is extremely accommodating and was a lovely host, would highly recommend a stay here. We were leaving early the next morning and this was a great place to stay outside of central Boston, but close enough to drive in without any bother.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Crescent Suites Hotel
Crescent Suites Hotel
#6 of 11 in Waltham
5.0 of 5 stars 228 reviews

Been to A Village B&B? Share your experiences!