“great choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A Village B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton
A Village B&B
Ranked #1 of 6 Newton B&B and Inns
Walnut Creek, California
“great choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I've stayed at the the village band b three times over the past few years and found it much to my liking each time. Recently, I stayed for a week and feel like this is my home away from home in the Boston area. Claudia is a great host, approachable, friendly, and kind which makes for a nice and comfortable atmosphere in her B and B. The breakfasts are great with a large variety of food from which to choose. A village B and B is located a few minutes walk from the train station which makes getting around easy. There are some good local restaurants nearby and in Newton Centre, a lovely 20 minute walk, by a beautiful lake. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
walnut creek ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I grew up in Newton. I was in town for my 30 year high school reunion. I stayed here in the Penthouse Suite with my friends. The vibe is so warm, quiet, down to earth, and comfortable. The breakfast was lovely. Our second night we stayed at the Marriott because that is where the reunion was and it was a shock to the system, after the B and B. I recommend this place highly even if your plans take you out of this neighborhood. In addition to being walking distance to a number of restaurants and businesses (which it really wasn't, when I grew up!), it's very close to the T (easy public transit) to Boston, Cambridge, or anywhere in the area. I would absolutely stay there again, and Claudia does a great job of sincerely welcoming you.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Auburn, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I recently attended a week long conference in Newton Center and stayed at the Village B and B. The room that I stayed in with a shared bath was spacious, quiet and clean and even had a small refrigerator. The included breakfast was excellent -- a good choice of pastries and breads, cereal, fruit every morning, juice and very good coffee. It is located a short walk from public transportation. There are several several good restaurants located with easy walking distance as well. Claudia is a friendly and helpful hostess. I highly recommend it for a great place to stay in the Boston area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Belfast, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I booked the Penthouse Suite together with an old friend. The accommodations were lovely, Claudia was gracious and friendly. Newton Highlands is great neighborhood close to restaurants and shops and public transportation. Highly recommend this b&b if you want a lovely home in a lovely neighborhood.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I grew up down the street from this B&B and I felt like I was staying in my own home. It is extremely neat, comfortable and an excellent price. The neighborhood is extremely quiet, so had a very relaxing night's sleep. There are restaurants, salons and shops around the corner; I was able to hop on the T and be in Boston quickly without having to worry about cabs or shuttles. Newton is one of the safest towns in the country, making it easy to go out at night.

Claudia was an extremely gracious host and excellent conversationalist. I would not stay anywhere else if I were in Newton again, and couldn't recommend it more!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I were in Boston on business and it was our first time here. We decide to stay a couple days in a bed and breakfast to experience local flavor and flair before we checked in to a typical business hotel I was extremely excited. We arrived late in the day and greeted by Claudia, owner and host. The house lovely as was the queen suite with private bath and kitchen. We slept soundly in a comfortable bed as the wind blew and the rain softly fell. In the morning we went down stairs and had breakfast and finally had a moment with Claudia. We inquired what she would recommend for out of town visitors with a limited schedule should see and do and she appeared dumbfounded. Certainly I should have done my own homework, but I certainly expected more. Later in the day after some exploration we decided to extend our stay at the house calling around noon. She never returned my call our acknowledged our request even the morning of departure. In a nut shell, cute house, good location and a not overly friendly or gracious host.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank OneGratefulGuy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed at the B&B for 10 days on a business trip in September and found it to be the most wonderful place. I'm not the sort to stay at cold hotels, and much prefer the more personable bed and breakfast - and A Village B&B must be the most highly rated in all of Massachusetts.
Claudia is warm and welcoming and her house is the beautiful, the beds very soft and comfortable. Breakfast included a fantastic selection, and Claudia even agreed without hesitation to provide mine earlier than the standard time so that I was able to make my way into Cambridge each day by 7:30. I wholeheartedly recommend giving A Village B&B your full consideration if you plan to stay in Boston.
Each room has AC and a TV, access to WiFi and off-road parking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Crescent Suites Hotel
Crescent Suites Hotel
#8 of 11 in Waltham

Been to A Village B&B? Share your experiences!