“Host was distant and offered little help as far as guidance or suggestions on what to see or do in the area.”
Review of A Village B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton
A Village B&B
Ranked #1 of 6 Newton B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I were in Boston on business and it was our first time here. We decide to stay a couple days in a bed and breakfast to experience local flavor and flair before we checked in to a typical business hotel I was extremely excited. We arrived late in the day and greeted by Claudia, owner and host. The house lovely as was the queen suite with private bath and kitchen. We slept soundly in a comfortable bed as the wind blew and the rain softly fell. In the morning we went down stairs and had breakfast and finally had a moment with Claudia. We inquired what she would recommend for out of town visitors with a limited schedule should see and do and she appeared dumbfounded. Certainly I should have done my own homework, but I certainly expected more. Later in the day after some exploration we decided to extend our stay at the house calling around noon. She never returned my call our acknowledged our request even the morning of departure. In a nut shell, cute house, good location and a not overly friendly or gracious host.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank OneGratefulGuy

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed at the B&B for 10 days on a business trip in September and found it to be the most wonderful place. I'm not the sort to stay at cold hotels, and much prefer the more personable bed and breakfast - and A Village B&B must be the most highly rated in all of Massachusetts.
Claudia is warm and welcoming and her house is the beautiful, the beds very soft and comfortable. Breakfast included a fantastic selection, and Claudia even agreed without hesitation to provide mine earlier than the standard time so that I was able to make my way into Cambridge each day by 7:30. I wholeheartedly recommend giving A Village B&B your full consideration if you plan to stay in Boston.
Each room has AC and a TV, access to WiFi and off-road parking.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This B and B gives you the village experience in Boston.
if you are looking for peace and quiet and lots of space in your B and B this is for you.
We had an entire top third story of this lovely home to ourselves,for a very reasonable rate.
it is at least 30 minutes by railcar from Boston but the cost is so minimal to buy a pass.
Claudia provided a huge breakfast,and privacy.
Claudia is a busy working hostess so expect to be very independent in her home.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Randall M summed it up nicely in his review. For me, this B&B was the perfect balance of private but friendly. The location is wonderful: a beautiful suburb but with a T station around the corner. More amenities than I expected in the house, and easy access to anything else you might want or need nearby. A great choice and much more affordable (free parking, too) than a Boston hotel in the summertime.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathy L
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Cozy but elegant, tucked away but accessible and near public transformation, private but friendly, easy to come and go but safe and secure, plentifully supplied with amenities but thoughtfully chosen, opportunities to visit with others but with respect for solitude and quiet as one may choose-- Claudia has created a haven for travelers on vacation and/or business.

Room Tip: Ask for the Penthouse!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Randall M
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have never stayed in a bed and breakfast before and my visit to a Village B & B was a pleasant surprise. We stayed in the upstairs suite which was very private. I was visiting Newton, MA to drop my daughter off for the Boston Ballet summer program. The B&B is less than a 10 minute bus ride to the Newton Studios and it was close to the college residence where my daughter was staying (a ride on the T and a 10 min walk). The B&B is a beautiful, well-kept home. Claudia is extremely friendly and accomodating. Her breakfasts were great and accomodated dietary restrictions. I would not hesitate to visit Claudia again! :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed with Claudia at her beautiful home while visiting our daughter at Boston College.
It was amazing. We were visiting the 'States for our first time and our experience at A Village Bed and Breakfast exemplified how welcoming American's are.
We enjoyed the local shops and restaurants, but also the convenience of the T station for further afield exploring.
The shared breakfast's were great, full of variety of fruits, buns etc. The contact with other guests was enjoyable and interesting.
The room was very comfortable and clean.
Excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Boston Marriott Newton
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 2 in Needham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Brookline Longwood Medical

Been to A Village B&B? Share your experiences!