“Awesome Irish Pub”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Have been here quite a few times and we just love it. Sometimes they have a man singing, playing the guitar, other times Karaoke. Even when there's no entertainment, the people at the bar (and behind the bar) are so friendly that there's always someone to talk to. We especially like the steak tip wrap which comes with a side. The nice thing about Mick Morgan's is that they're very accommodating - you can have two half sides or one whole side - you HAVE to try the fried onions (I forget their name for them) - similar to onion rings but in small pieces. FANTASTIC! The Manager is such a nice guy as are all of the bartenders. I like this place MUCH better than other Irish pubs in Newton - everyone is just so friendly and the food is great!

Reviewed July 16, 2011

At least that's what I've heard, but I've yet to be disappointed with my order here. Though I haven't really explored their menu as I always order the temple club. My colleagues always come out happy as well so it's not just me.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Mick Morgan's is right across the street from our office, so its a default for when you want a sit down lunch and don't want to travel. The food is good, but not great in any way. I usually go with a cheeseburger or sandwich, but I've yet to find a menu item that I would recommend above others.

Some pros are that the service here hasn't ever been a problem and is usually very friendly and their beer selection is pretty good.

Reviewed May 5, 2011

Fish and chips are good and the service is also good. It still has the funny underlayment of having been a Mexican restaurant previously.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

I've dined here twice. The food here is not very good. The service is not much better. The one saving grace is that the prices are reasonable, for a restaurant in Newton. The restaurant tried very hard to put all kinds of Irish-themed pictures on the walls, but it feels forced; it feels like the Mexican restaurant that formerly sat at this location never truly left.

If you want a sit-down restaurant serving American cuisine in the Newton Upper Falls area, you would be better off going to either Skipjack's (seafood; somewhat expensive, though), roughly two blocks down Needham Street; or to the Biltmore Bar & Grille, about a mile away, on Chestnut Street.