“you feel like your in a private home because you ARE in a private home”
Review of La Residencia Spa

Ranked #3 of 5 Spas & Wellness in Newton
Newton, Mass
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 166 helpful votes
“you feel like your in a private home because you ARE in a private home”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This accessible location (always plenty of free parking) is indeed a converted residence. It is very relaxing. I get there early so that I can indulge in their little amuse-bouches and get in the right mood.

Visited November 2013

Newton, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Wonderful pampering in a delightful environment. Felt like a queen for a day. Easy to get to and parking on site.

Visited October 2012
Newton, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Most excellent massage!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

La residencia is one of the rare spas that is lovely, relaxing and elegant without trying so hard that, as a guest, you hold your breath -- afraid to exhale for fear of being of this earth. The staff is very nice. The spa-in-a-house is decorated very nicely, again, not so fey as to make you afraid to breathe. In a word, it's not pretentious. The massage I received, from Anne ... Anna? ... was one of the best of my life.

Visited November 2012
Pittsburgh
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A relaxation oasis!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was traveling on business and decided, last-minute, to try to squeeze in a massage. La Residencia was accommodating and was able to fit me in. I agree with another poster that they are very friendly and respectful even if you aren't a regular. I was greeted warmly and Sue, my massage therapist, was just as friendly.

We discussed different types of massage and she was knowledgable and answered all of my questions. She was also very skilled! I left feeling like a different person!

The spa itself is beautiful. It's decorated exquisitely and you can tell a lot of attention to detail has gone into everything, top to bottom.

If I'm ever back in the area, I will be making a return visit!

Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Many thanks for a wonderful experience!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was recently given the gift of a spa treatment through their "Touching the Healing Heart Fund" for people who have experienced the loss of a loved one. It is a brilliant concept. Yesterday was my birthday so I decided I needed some help to get through the day after losing my mom in November. I was treated to an amazing experience.

First, I was greeted very warmly and the entry room was comfortable and inviting. I was served tea and brought upstairs to a lovely room and Caroline, my aesthetician, was very knowleldgable and explained what she was doing and assessed my skin. I had the signature facial and it was so relaxing.

Sometimes when I've been to day spas in the past I've felt uncomfortable because I'm not a "regular." Facials are a splurge for me, so I really appreciated being treated so respectfully. I can't say enough wonderful things about my experience there. And Jane, the owner, is very accessible and kind. Treat yourself and go, go go! And give to their healing fund. It is a blessing.

Visited January 2013