“Very good!”

Dining options: Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Excellent decor in this little neighborhood.
The food is very good, and fits the style.
We enjoyed maki and teriyaki chicken, both were very good.

“By far the best tasting sushi”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Aji is our favorite. Whenever we want to introduce a friend to the world of sushi this is where we bring them.

You should try:
Princess maki, New wave maki, Black forest maki, Kings maki, and Dr Bob's maki.

The seaweed salad and the avocado salad are also excellent.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great sushi place in my town”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We go to Aji and also order food very often. Sushi is always excellent, fresh and nicely presented. Service is fast and the staff is polite and attentive. Very reasonably priced food for a place like Newton (very upscale and expensive city in Massachusetts). It is so nice that finally we have a restaurant that people enjoy (after multiple attempts by other entrepreneurs to open unpopular and unhealthy establishments that Newton does not appreciate).

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious - and lunch is very good value”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We enjoyed lunch at Aji. We had lovely, subtle vegetable gyoza (which could be ordered fried or steamed) and succulent maki for starters. I had the sesame chicken, which was delicious, and my brother-in-law enjoyed his vegetarian udon noodles dish.
Looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited December 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“We had the place to ourselves but it filled up fast”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is my second time there. The saba was glorious both times. I do love saba. The place is small, not tiny. But if you had ever told me there would be food fit to eat in Newton, I'd have laughed until I cried. Goodness knows there was none when I was trapped there as a teen.

The service is good, prompt, attentive. The food is well prepared and beautifully presented. I had the Hamachi kama, which I can wholeheartedly recommend. It's a cooked piece of yellowtail. Very flavorfull. They serve the plum wine I like. They serve a hot green tea I like as well. They ginger salad dressing is yummy, very tart and tangy. The prices are what I expect from a place of this wonderful quality.

Oh, AND they have parking behind the restaurant!

• Visited August 2013

Been to Aji Sushi Bar? Share your experiences!