“Delish Flat Breads”

Ranked #24 of 261 Restaurants in Newton
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Had the BBQ pulled pork with corn, green onion, red onion and tomato flat bread special. It was very tasty. Perfect pairing with my Sauvignon Blanc! We had the mussels to start which were very good. Lots of mussels for the price. Service was great. They quoted us 40 minutes and we sat in 10. Always a good time.

There are newer reviews for The Local

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Place was busy, even for an early Saturday night. The dining area wasn't as noisy as the bar area which was packed. The service is great here.....our server was cordial and helped with menu recommendations.

We opted for the Blueberry Mai Tai and the 19th green, both delicious. The salmon was cooked perfectly over a bed of eggplant caponata, olives and raisins. The mahi mahi special, also cooked well, was served with grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes. The mud pie was good, more than enough for two to share.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This place really makes you feel like a "local" - as cheesy as that sounds. Awesome pub feel, but the food is incredible. You might have to wait awhile for a table, but it's worth the wait. The homemade chip and warm onion dip is something I would expect from a 5-star dining experience. The specials are interesting and delicious, and the servers are warm and friendly. There's a reason this place is so popular! Excellent beer selection, too!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I just recently went the Local and I have to say it is very noisy. Their menu has changed and it is a cornicopia of different dishes. Everything from meatloaf to salmon to pasta and steak tips. I love the menu and I would like to go back when it wasn't as busy because it is a noisy place.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The tuna sashimi and seaweed salad was delicious- the tuna was coated in fabulous sesame seeds and I declined the soy sauce to make my meal gluten-free. For $10, it was a great meal and I was very happy with how full I was. I'm happy with their local emphasis.

The service, though, was another story: s...l...o...w...

Also, if you go on a Sunday you don't need to pay for parking at the lot across the street.