“Loved it !”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
“Loved it !”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We read about this restaurant in the AAA magazine that had come in the mail. We are thrilled that we happened to take a chance and go. The only downside is that they don't take reservations, its on a first come first serve basis. You can call ahead and see how long the wait will be. We ordered the humus and veggie plate for an appetizer. It was so good and the veggies were so fresh and crunchy. I ordered the fish tacos,YUMMY ! My husband ordered the special of the day which was fish. He also was very pleased. The good thing about this restaurant is that you can either order healthy choices or not. We split a desert of chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. The Local was not a disappointment at all, in fact just the opposite, a great find. The wait staff was so nice and friendly and accommodating. Try it, you'll keep on coming back.

• Visited November 2012

Boston
“One of our Local Favorites!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We live in Newton and just love this place. Food is great and can be on the healthier side if you want....or not! Excellent wine selection in a Pub style place. Typically we enjoy sitting/dining at the bar (first come, first serve) or newly expanded high top table area. Only down side is that they don't take reservations and it can sometimes be a long wait during popular hours. Crowd is somewhat local & of all ages. Many come after working out together at the Boston Sport Club down the street.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank love2travelKelly
Providence, Rhode Island
“Could be addictive”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My friend and I finally got here last night and it did not disappoint. We had about a 1/2 hour wait, but anticipated this from other reviewers. Enjoyed a local beer while we waited at the Bar. GREAT space and a really nice selection of beers and wine. We were seated within the 1/2 hour and our waiter was perfect. We got the homemade potato chips with the warm french onion dip...holy oniondipness, it was SO good, absolutely addictive. For entrees, my friend got the Fish Tacos, which she raved about and I got the Braised Short Rib, which were seriously perfect, I cleaned my plate. We opted to share the dessert special, Cranberry/Orange Bread Pudding and this was incredible. Then we ended up just sitting and chatting for awhile and the staff were perfectly content to let us sit there, which was nice. Would highly recommend this restaurant and the only thing to be aware of is that it most likely WILL be busy and you most likely will have to take some time to find parking. But both these things are easily overlooked when such yummy food is awaiting for you. The Local completely does dining right.

• Visited January 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
“deafening noise”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

others love this, I do not. lines out on the street waiting to get into a dim crowded pub where the deafening noise level would lead to an instant headache and make conversation impossible.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great pub food - worth an extra workout!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Great fries and friendly service. Actually have never had anything bad here and always had an overall positive experience.

Wish there were more healthy items on the menu.... but who am I kidding, I'm not buying a salad to wash down with my beer....