“Above and beyond”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton
Park Lane Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Newton B&B and Inns
Bradenton, Florida
“Above and beyond”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

A dear friend from Italy was finally making his first trip to the States and I wanted everything to be perfect. Being used to traveling in Europe where tourist centers can book guest houses or inn accommodations along the way, he was stymied about finding good places where he could meet and interract with the locals. Complicating the fact was that he does not drive so public transport was also a critical component. Just when I thought his trip would be ruined, I called Park Lane and spoke with owner Patti. My problems were solved! Not only were they able to provide great accommodations for him but when I explained his situation she told me not to worry that she would take care of everything. I just knew that my friend would be in the best hands and I was right. They helped him find additional accommodations, Patti's husband Jim helped lay out train schedules and provide info on how to get to his other destinations and I'm sure loads of other advice that I will learn when he finally arrives in Florida. I can't thank Jim and Patti enough. What could have been a disaster was saved by these two wonderful innkeepers and I know that their kindness will be one of the highlights of my friends' trip! Thank you, thank you, thank you Pransky's. And bless you for all your kindness.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed September 23, 2013

For the third time I had the pleasure to stay with consummate hosts Jim and Patti. Again, I was treated with such kindness and compassion. What an anchor from which I could process my experiences from the retreat; usually over breakfast with a wonderfully diverse group of fellow lodgers. Patti and Jim were equally helpful and kind to others that were not able to stay there, providing invaluable resources for lodging, food, and transportation. I was a guest in a familiar house; not a stranger in an anonymous room in a complex of unrelated people. The experience was more like visiting friends you have not seen in a while. Needless to say, it is a decisive reason that I return to Newton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Fair Lawn, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Just recently I stayed an entire week with Patti and Jim, the very congenial owners of Park Lane Bed & Breakfast. They're spacious house is an easy five minute walk from downtown Newton Centre where you can find a plethora of great restaurants and cool little shops.

Patti and Jim are very kind people and great conversationalists. They know the entire Boston area inside and out, and are a wealth of local knowledge. It seems they're in the 'local know', and can assist you with almost anything, ranging from transportation to great places to eat, and from a masseuse to a doctor. When I return to the Boston area I will definitely stay with Patti and Jim. Already I'm looking forward to their excellent, healthy breakfasts.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Patti and Jim made my "leaving my college bound son in Boston" experience memorable and ever so grateful that I did not stay anywhere else. My nine day stay at Park Lane was comfortable with a nice clean room and wonderful breakfasts with conversation in the mornings. Patti and Jim also were the ultimate tourist guides providing insight to hidden jewels in and around Boston that I did not have to seek tourist information elsewhere. The location is walking distance from the nearest public transportation and the neighborhood and amenities only made it feel like a home away from home. I plan to stay at Park Lane on my next visit to Boston. Patti and Jim are keepers!

Room Tip: The area is peaceful and quiet. Never heard the guests in the next room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I headed for Boston to settle our son for law school last week! It was our first real experience in Boston and we did not have any connections to help us through! We were prepared for lots of trial and errors! Because of high hotel rates we decided to stay at a B&B for the first time! And guess what! We would not do it differently ever again while in Boston! Patti and Jim are true angels in their B&B to help not just us but all their guests with their issues! They truly take the pride in their hospitality, they go above and beyond in their offers of help and advice, and they have the cleanest place to stay in! Our experience in Boston became a whole lot easier than what we had expected because of Patti and Jim's unconditional support! We can not thank Patti and Jim enough for opening their home and their heart to us! They are THE BEST!

Room Tip: I would trust Patti and Jim on this!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Thank you so much to a wonderful couple, Patti and Jim. I was unable to stay here, but they were able to give me so much information for other places to stay, how to tbest travel around the city, and were so kind and sweet. I hope that I do get to stay here in the future. There is nothing better then great customer service and genuine kindness.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Portola Valley, California
Reviewed September 1, 2013

A comfortable and warm place to stay while visiting Boston and its environs. Jimmy and Patti are the consummate hosts. Park Lane B & B is located on a lovely residential street in Newton, within walking distance of public transportation which will whisk you into Boston. You don't even need a car--or a guidebook for that matter. Jimmy and Patti are full of suggestions and ideas on how to spend your time.
I had a wonderful stay here and got each day off to a great start with Patti's tasty continental breakfast.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Crescent Suites Hotel
#5 of 11 in Waltham
Allston / Brighton
Hotel Boston
Hotel Boston
#77 of 83 in Boston

Been to Park Lane Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!