“A perfect home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton
Park Lane Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Newton B&B and Inns
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A perfect home away from home”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed at Park Lane while on a two-week research trip to Boston - and loved every minute of my time there. Patti and Jim were wonderful hosts; kind, considerate and thoroughly welcoming. Breakfast was delicious (they were even able to accommodate my dairy allergy) and it was wonderful to get their advice on my plans for the day/places to visit in Newton Center/etc. They were quick to make me feel at home in an unfamiliar city.

My room was clean and extremely comfortable - quite lovely - with cable and easy access to wi-fi, and the shared bathroom was always immaculate. The surrounding neighborhood is quiet and cozy (and very safe) and perfect for late-afternoon strolls. The walk to the T station (green line, riverside) was quick and easy. Newton Centre offered lots of dining options to choose from -- and when in doubt, Jim and Patti were always willing to provide advice about places that I might like.

In short, staying here was fabulous and I can't wait to return.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Katie G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Aalborg, Denmark
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I just enjoyed staying at Park Lane B&B. Great place to stay. Quiet and good sleeping quality.
Good company and a lot of practical help if you need it. Even a Charlie card and an umbrella could be provided. Odd requests for strage European standards of electricity equipement, so I could get my pc connected and updated. Just great. Patty and Jim are very good hosts, always open and helpful. Great home, nice people.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was able to get this room last minute thanks to finding it on my google map iPhone app. They answered my call & gave me directions to get to them in the rain. I was welcomed & had a great nights sleep! I also had a wonderful breakfast & met interesting people that were staying there. I felt completely comfortable & safe!

• Stayed August 2011
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed August 24, 2011

A lovely residence with four guest rooms on a quiet street less than a mile from Newton Centre and the T into Boston. A continental breakfast includes fruit and delicious homemade bread or muffins every day. Mingling with other guests and the hosts is a highlight. Patti and Jim are delightful, welcoming and well-informed about the Boston area. Also a great location for incoming college students while seeking campus housing. Overall, a real find; we will surely return!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara F
Wynnewood
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The Park Lane B&B is in a very lovely home in Newton. Patti and Jim who own it are very friendly and extremely helpful with anything you could need. The place is spotless, the rooms are spacious and pretty, and the breakfast is fresh, ample, and delicious. Without any reservations I highly recommend the Park Lane B&B!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MegNoMeg
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed July 29, 2011

If you are looking for a B&B in the Newton, MA area, the Park Lane Bed and Breakfast is the place to stay! I visited Newton for a few days and found the Pransky's B&B to be perfect for my needs. It is in a quiet neighborhood and is a short walk to Newton Centre. I stayed in a room upstairs with a common bath next to it. The room and the bath were both extremely clean! The room had an air conditioner and ceiling fan so I was perfectly comfortable. I found the Pranskys to be very nice and enjoyed the continental breakfast they provided each morning. The room rates are very reasonable and a far better alternative to the hotels in the area!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dcur265
central Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The b and b hosts are warm, knowledgeable and accomodating. A return customer, I booked my room several weeks prior to my arrival and had prompt and helpful feedback. Upon my arrival, I was greeted like an old friend. The home is spotless and in a quiet suburban location. It is a ten minute walk through a beautiful tree-lined neighborhood, to the Newton Centre T and is really convenient if you want to avoid parking hassles in downtown Boston. The hosts have extensive knowledge of the region and offer helpful suggestions for tourists.
Breakfast items include a variety of cereals, fresh fruit, and home-baked (and healthy!) goods, along with the usual beverages.
The quiet location and reasonable rates make the Park Lane B and B a great choice for any traveller.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Budgettravel55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Crescent Suites Hotel
#5 of 11 in Waltham
Allston / Brighton
Hotel Boston
Hotel Boston
#77 of 83 in Boston

Been to Park Lane Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!