“Lovely”

Ranked #2 of 6 Newton B&B and Inns
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Lovely”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have stayed at this bed and breakfast for a few years now since our daughter has been attending Boston College. It is a less than a half an hour walk to campus which is very convenient when the campus is really busy, such as for football games. It is a lovely bed and breakfast which actually keeps getting better and better. Ellen and Craig have been restoring this beautiful Victorian. This time we were able to enjoy a glass of wine with a friend on their beautiful new porch on an amazing fall afternoon. Ellen makes you feel very welcomed. It truly is a home away from home - so much so that we have booked all their rooms for our family to come for graduation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kintnersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My first visit to Chesley Rd B&B. Traveling by myself to an area I know very well having grown up nearby. Needed a place to stay for 3 nights while I was visiting my dad and taking him to Dr appts, Ellen made me feel welcomed from my initial contact til the time I left! Home is a beautifully restored Victorian and provided a much needed 'relaxing respite' from my very busy days ! I especially enjoyed the brief times I was able to spend on my balcony and relax in the atypically warm Oct sunshine. Coffee and continental breakfast was available on an 'as desired' time which made it for easy to accommodate guests individual preferences .As a fellow B&B owner,I especially enjoyed talking with Ellen, Craig & assistant Carlos about their home and exchanging B&B similarities. I was initially uncertain about sharing a bathroom, but found it not to be as much of a negative as I anticipated! Definitely a very enjoyable stay in a lovely home with welcoming hosts (and a very friendly cat Cisco!!)

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Göttingen
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This wonderful restored house with all its decorations provides a cozy atmosphere the moment you arrive. Ellen and Craig are awfully nice and great hosts. It is easy to feel like at home in their house. The house is located in a very green and quiet suburb. However, you can be in downtown Boston by public transport within half an hour. My room had a balcony orientated to the south which I enjoyed several times. I already stayed in this nice B&B twice and when I come back to Boston I will check in here again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The reason I chose to stay at this B&B is because I spend many nights when I travel in hotels and I wanted a change from that scene and thought this would be a more intimate setting . This B&B is conveniently located in Newton Center and has a lot to offer. I spent two nights and would recommend this lovely home to anyone looking for a hotel alternative. Ellen and Craig are very welcoming and happy to offer suggestions and ideas on what to do. There is plenty in the area and the are is a pleasant change from staying in the city. I would stay here again when my travels take me to the Boston area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

San Francisco
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We chose Chesley Road B&B for it's proximity to a number of events all occurring the same day - a race, a reunion and a performance at the Boston Opera House. Even before arriving however, I knew we were in good hands with Ellen. She was personable, accommodating and gracious - and this was just on the phone! We stayed for two nights and had the balcony room.
The simplest way to describe the experience is to say that we felt like welcome guests in a friend's house. The decor is charming and personalized and the beds were comfortable and they have two pretty cool cats on the premises as well! Excellent coffee and great restaurants minutes away. Definitely check out the Greek deli! We will definitely come visit again - Thank you Ellen and Craig and Carlos for sharing your house with us.

Room Tip: If two guests,I recommend the balcony room and room with shared bathroom. Very private.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We are sitting on our private balcony with a bottle of wine enjoying a beautiful New England Night in this quaint quiet setting. Ellen and her husband are wonderful hosts. This is our second stay here and we will definitely be back. We love Boston, and this is so convenient to access the city via the T (5 minute walk, 15 minute ride). Set away in a beautiful suburban neighborhood, it is charming, romantic, and just downright homey!!

• Stayed September 2013
Ellen H, Owner at Chesley Road Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We are hoping the baseball season extends so we will see you again soon! Thank you for your kind words, we are so glad you got a chance to enjoy our fabulous porch.
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The reason I selected this B & B was because of the way Ellen responded when I phoned. Craig was also very personable and extremely interesting. The house is a marvel with all its interesting paraphernalia, it is somewhat like a museum! I was in the Boston area, at a car show event in neighbouring Brookline, so Newton was a convenient location. In fact the B & B was a 12 minute drive to Boston Sea Port. The next time I am in this area, I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The "Double" room was perfect for one person, but could accommodate two.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
We loved having you stay with us and we are looking forward to having both you and your wife next time! Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Allston / Brighton
Hotel Boston
Hotel Boston
#77 of 83 in Boston

Been to Chesley Road Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!