Chesley Road Bed and Breakfast
$252
$191
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $217/night.

$171
$136
  • Pool
The Walker Center(Newton)(Great Value!)
$118
Orbitz.com
$139
Hotels.com
$112
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Crescent Suites Hotel(Waltham)
$189
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $223/night.

$159
Homewood
Residence Inn Boston Needham(Needham)(Great Value!)
$119
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

$199
AC Hotels
    Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $236/night.

All reviewsnewton centerher husbandboston collegegreat hostsboston areayogurttreetop roomcozy queenshared bathroomwarm and welcoming environmentgreat houseleave our car parkedlarge porchgreat advantageliving room areaeach eveninglovely home
    Reviewed July 21, 2012

In short, this place is very neat and the owners were so nice to me. The neighborhood is beautiful and safe. Restaurants, cafes, banks, pharmacies are in a walking distance. The subway is less than five minutes walking. There is an astonishing porche where you can sit and relax. Regardless of the home, Craig and Ellen (owners) have a high sense of humour and I had healthy discussions with both of them.

Overall, I had the pleasure to stay with Ellen and Craig and I would highly recommend this B&B.

Abdul,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
    1  Thank Abdul M
    Reviewed June 7, 2012

We tend to travel without making hotel arrangements until we arrive; fun but slightly stressful :). We originally looked to stay at Park Lane B&B, but they were sold out. Instead they offered to refer me to Chesley Rd. It was a very casual booking and we actually never talked to Ellen until we arrived (Park Ln made the arrangements). When we arrived, we were greeted at the porch by their HUGE black and white cat. Sweet and friendly. Then I turned and saw their orange cat with something in its mouth. The cat dropped it and it turned out to be a baby bunny! Coming from LA, I assumed it dropped a chew toy. Good thing the bunny was still fine and just hopped away. So the cats were amusing!
    The house itself is very clean and not cluttered like some other B&Bs we've stayed at. There's no particular "look" and signs were casual (just printed out on computer paper). The room we stayed in included a beautiful deck and the most comfy bed. It was a little cold, but there is a plug in heater and you can request to Ellen to have the room heat turned on. Nothing special about the bathroom; plenty of leftover sample shampoos from past guests. It was very much like staying at a friends house, not perfect but neat. Breakfast was self serve - bread, fruit, juice, cereal, and the tv room and sitting room were shared with the daughters and the two cats. Beware - the cats are VERY friendly. Will just hop on your lap and meow for attention.
    The inn is walking distance to a lot of shops and restaurants, so there is plenty to do during the day. A little quiet at night.
    I'm not sure if they even have a website, but you can call 617-527-5793 for a reservation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
    5  Thank ibstraveler
    Reviewed September 19, 2011

I would recommend this B&B to anyone who needs a nice and nurturing place in the Boston suburbs. Ellen and Craig are cordial and hospitable and do everything to make your visit as pleasant as possible. Their beautiful remodeled home is easy access to the T and lots of nice neighborhood shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
    1  Thank Joyce B
    Reviewed September 10, 2011

I have stayed at the Chesley Road Bed & Breakfast at least 4 times over the past few years and have always enjoyed a warm, comfortable stay. With this last trip, I figure I should write a review, as this elegant rambling Victorian has undergone some amazing construction and is really worth talking about! Ellen and Craig, the hospitable owners, open their beautiful home to a just a few folks at a time (one wing of the house) and couldn't be more accomodating and laid-back hosts. I always feel that I am truly a guest in a real home, not some over-priced hotel or fancy-lacy inn. The guest rooms are clean and charming and they also have lovely commom areas where I feel completely welcome and at home. When the weather is right, the large porches, now finishing renovation, offered me a great place to relax. This is a lovely Victorian B&B --near Boston, colleges, highways, and a short walk to Newton Center-- with charm and helpful, hospitable hosts! I definately will be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
    1  Thank QueensRiverMimi25
    Reviewed September 9, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at Ellen and Craig's B&B on a recent trip back to Boston to see family and friends. In full disclosure, Ellen is an old friend of mine and I had always wanted to check out the B&B (never had in the past, as I was a local resident). The place is lovely; Craig is renovating and updating the historic Victorial with all the architectural swirls and polish it deserves. It is fascinating for architecture lovers or just plain aesthetes like myself. Food was of good quality and met my "local and fresh" standards. Beds were comfy and the rooms were nicely appointed. And, of course, the company was great - not just Ellen and Craig, who are attentive and hospitable to all, but also the guests present , who were on interesting journeys themselves. Great location if you have to hit the highway or the airport as well; the Mass Turnpike is 5 -7minutes from the house.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family