“Drunks. The Shameful House Doug Built.”
Review of Alumni Stadium

Alumni Stadium
Ranked #6 of 28 things to do in Newton
New England
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Drunks. The Shameful House Doug Built.”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Took my family to a football game. I would say 75% of those around us had been drinking before the game. Very noisy. A huge drinking problem at BC football games. The neighbors are up in arms about people peeing on their property game day. Ultra loud. Cramped seating. How many athletes graduate. Looks more like a money making facility. We made the decision to leave by the 4th qt before someone behind us would throw up on my 14 year old.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Woopiedo

East Northport, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Forget about parking and the drinking was outrageous”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

WOW. Great time at the game (Notre Dame vs BC..Notre Dame 10-0)! Went with my 11 year old son. Was his first College Footbal Game and experience.

Now for the craziness. The parking was ridiculous. Was sent 4 miles away to park in a very indutrial type of area that did not feel safe. Great parking garage, but then the excursion to the game on crappy old Cheese (School) Buses really did not sit very well with me. We were on the Bus with very rowdy and already drunk people. My poor 11 year old was asking me "Is this what College is about? Everybody gets drunk??"... I guess that is the truth, right?

The tsadium was a good stadium overall. Old and not many frills, but good views and energy at the game.

Visited November 2012
Floral Park, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“High School Stadium on Steroids”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

stadium seats are "benches" with no backs, not good for the 29+ crowd. Food stands carry specific food items, so if you are looking for popcorn, pretzel and hot dogs, you will have to go to 3 different lines (at least in the end zone, section X part of the park. Rows are 40 seats long, I had seat # 21 so I had to "walk over" either 19 or 20 people depending on which direction I exited. And the space between rows are very narrow, so tripping up should be expected regardless. Food service staff were courteous students. Whoever runs the concession stands should provide every station that sells sodas with a cardboard carrying tray. Also a bag or tray for food to bring back to the seats would be helpful.

Visited September 2012
Newton, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Small and plain”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This stadium is fine for the purpose, but don't expect to be blown away. The food selection is pretty poor and the seats are hard to get to.

Visited September 2012
Hamburg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wow, I am here”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

It was wonderful to at last to be here. It was just as good as I would have imagen. The family spend more than 2 hours here and it would easily to spend a lot more if we have had the time.

Visited August 2011