“Valentine's Day lunch with my Beautiful Wife.”
Review of Giuseppe's

Giuseppe's
Ranked #14 of 97 Restaurants in Newburyport
Cuisines: Italian
Seabrook, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Valentine's Day lunch with my Beautiful Wife.”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

First time at the restaurant, a short distance from Rte. 95 and 113. Their menu is extensive, we chose a special from a white board, near the register. You order at the counter/register, pay for it, (for lunch), and the food is brought to the table. We had the best meal at a great price under $15 per meal. All the food is homemade. We had a very full and large plate of homemade lobster ravioli (fresh pasta) with shrimp and scallops (bay scallops). The meals were very delicious and filling. I had Creamy (Alfredo style) sauce, and my wife had the Red Sauce. There was plenty of extra sauce/gravy for dipping. If you like garlic, you will love the homemade Creamy Alfredo sauce. They have a bread box where you can get plenty of bread to soak up the leftover sauce. I heard from a friend after that they also, have a pink sauce which is a combination and is also to die for. I was a bit cold in the restaurant, but if I said something I'm sure Giuseppe would have warmed it up for us. We hear the restaurant will be expanding soon and having take out pizza. You can get takeout meals or you can even buy their prepackaged and refrigerated fresh pasta and sauces and bring it home to heat it up. This is their website giuseppesfreshpasta.com. Will definetly return to this establishment.

• Visited February 2014

Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Italian take out or a low key dinner”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Great meatballs chicken pram for takeout or a casual diner. Also good for big trays for a party. Excellent place for young kids.

• Visited October 2013
Georgetown, Massachusetts
“Not The Same”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We loved this place. I gave this place 5 stars in 2010. We ate in at least 5 x a year but take out several times a month. We were not around much this summer so we had not been to Giuseppe's since May. We decided to eat in for lunch the beginning of this month. What a disappointment. The pasta was over cooked--like it had been sitting in the pot of water for days. The Chicken was not fresh like frozen and warmed by micro. The meal was a disappointment. I did not say anything to any member of our party of 6. It was in the car ride home that one member in our party said, "take this place off our list". That is when everyone chimed in and agreed this place has gone down hill. Never was such a poor quality of food served. We now have to be on the hunt for a great Italian Restaurant. We are so disappointed--JUST NOT THE SAME

• Visited September 2013
“Good food fair prices”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Great for takeout you order at the counter and they bring it to your table. They have lots of premade meals to bring home.

• Visited August 2013
Rowley, Massachusetts
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Have gotten takeout from Giuseppe's before and eaten diner there 2 other times. This will be our last visit there.
We went for dinner there early on a Saturday night, my husband got chicken piccata and asked for his pasta on the side with red sauce. When waitress brought over dish pasta was mixed in with the piccata and red sauce was in a bowl next to it. We had to get her attention to tell her the dish was terrible. (I tasted it and it was flavorless). She went back to chef/owner and he said that was the way it should be and nothing was wrong with it. Ok, bad customer service. My dish was fine and my husband ate half of it. We did get an antipasto before dinner and when he couldn't eat his he got soup also. When the bill came waitress said the owner would take half of the meal. I found this to be unacceptable for a dish that was tasteless to both of us. It is not as if we didn't order anything else and came in for a free meal.
Last trip to Giuseppe's for us. If you want people to return and recommend your establishment that is not the way to go about it.

• Visited July 2013