“Delicioso!”

Cuisines: Italian
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Delicioso!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Definitely not fancy, but delicious food. Giuseppe's is tucked away on a back street in Newburyport. Order your food from a multiple of choices that include appetizers, sandwiches and dinners, take number and sit. Wonderful aromas fill the air in the pretty much self -serve dining room. And after eating, you have your pick of take out meals and salads on your way out the door.

• Visited June 2013

Georgetown, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have experienced slow service and so-so food in the past. Went last night with friends from work (not my choice). My eggplant parm was delicious, but they charge an extra dollar for the plate if you order it as a side dish as opposed to plopping it on top of your main entrée. My entrée was a vegetable ravioli with more vegs on top. I got it with marinara sauce. There was something very funky tasting in the ravioli. I had someone else taste it and she said the same thing. I told the waitress and she said she would talk to the manager. I had her take the plate as I couldn't eat it. No one came to discuss it so it was lucky I had my side order. I also ordered coffee and dessert which was good. I was charged full price for the entrée and asked to speak to the manager. She told me there was nothing wrong with the food and it tasted as it should, therefore they charged me full price. When I pushed the point she took half off. I will not return to Giuseppes nor will I recommend it.

• Visited June 2013
“Not a looker but great eats”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family just ate there after visiting the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge (best $5 I have spent in a while). We took a look through TripAdviser for surrounding restaurants and found reviews that appeared to be good overall. It was my sons birthday and he loves
Pasta, especially fresh pasta - he was not disappointed. Neither was anyone else in our party. He ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. Good portion for anyone and it was the child size 1/2 order. My daughter had the chicken parm and raved. My wife ordered the fettuccine with Alfredo sauce and added chicken and broccoli. The pasta was fantastic and the sauce was light and very tasty - unlike many that are very heavy and oily. I had the pasta purses filled with mushroom and cheese - they were excellent. The kids had The chicken soup and the other minestrone - very good with tons of ingredients. I had the capresse salad - the buffalo mozzarella was top shelf - lots of flavor and great texture. The wife had the house salad - which was great. Kids had the Bear chocolate gelato and I the flute limonchello - both great endings. A great beer they carry is the Birra Moretti La Rossa

Boston
“Authentic Italian Fare In Newburyport”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Although I have visited this little restaurant on numerous occasions over the years, this is my first review. The menu offers something for everyone. This is real Italian food and it is always served hot, fresh and nicely presented. Many "specials" are offered. The staff, including proud owner Giuseppe, is very attentive and friendly. The premises are cozy. In a hurry? Grab some take-out dishes. There is a vast selection, all fresh and nicely packaged for the trip home or to your office.

• Visited July 2012
“Good for Families, Probably not great for Foodies”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Guiseppe's has a casual restaurant side and another area where they sell refrigerated and frozen items. They do a pretty good take out business. The food will please those who like larger portions and GARLIC. Some of the most garlicky dishes I've ever eaten. I've brought home leftovers that made my whole refrigerator smell of garlic. Make sure you seal yours up tight. The bread served with the meal is very pedestrian. This is one area I think they could really improve on. It's that old styrofoam type of Italian bread that hardly any restaurants still serve. But who needs the extra carbs, right? This restaurant is not in the downtown area but it is very easily accessible right off of Route 95. Parking is scant and tricky on a small sloped lot but you can't go wrong if you're not looking for an upscale atmosphere. I'd give it 3 1/2 if there were half circles.

• Visited February 2012