“ONLY OK.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Amesbury, Massachusetts
“ONLY OK.”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Michael's used to be pretty good, but now I find, "just average"....The friend foods that we ordered were greasy. I was surprised that they would send the seafood plates out like that.
I won't go again....Not up to my standards... Although the outside decks are nice to have a drink or two....If you are a Margherita fan, don't order one there..Although I was assured by the friendly waitress that they were amoung the best in Newburyport...

• Visited September 2013

Peabody
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outdoors dining”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Visited this restaurant a few times this summer. Always very busy.Great outdoor dining. Wait staff very nice. Food mixed quality. Drinks over priced.

Visited August 2013
Erica H, Public Relations Manager at Michael's Harborside, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hi XrayCruiser:

I appreciate your time to review Michael's. It is an extremely busy restaurant in the summer, but we always hope it is worth the wait. I am happy to hear you had great service and view! I am though sorry to hear that you feel the drinks are pricey. We are comparable with other Newburyport restaurants, but I do understand how this may seem on the expensive side. Thanks again for your review and I hope you will still come visit us soon!

Thanks,

Charleston, South Carolina
“Fresh fish, lovely view, thoughtful service”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Arrived a few minutes before opening with a friend who needs a walker. Manager saw us and welcomed us into the restaurant. We were seated by window looking out to the river. Our waitress was excellent, graciously producing a gluten-free menu two of our party required. GF haddock and shrimp meals were tasty, the fried haddock basket with sweet potatoe fries was very good. All orders arrived hot. We were too full for desert.

• Visited October 2013
Erica H, Guest Relations Manager at Michael's Harborside, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hi Shekoe:

Thank you for taking the time to review Michael's. We strive for great service, so I am glad to hear you received it! I am also happy you had hot and fresh meals and were able to find an option you enjoyed on our gluten free menu. I hope you will stop back in again soon!

Thanks,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful view of the bay - delicious seafood.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We sat up top and looked over the bay - lovely view. The waitress was very nice and helpful. The seafood and the chowder was delicious!

Visited October 2013
Erica H, Guest Relations Manager at Michael's Harborside, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Hi Ellen883:

I am so happy to hear about your recent visit to Michael's. It is also great to hear that you received fantastic service! I hope you will return again soon to enjoy a meal and the lovely view at Michael's!

Best Regards,

Newburyport, Massachusetts
“best deck bar but...”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I love Michael's for their sweet deck overlooking the marina.The food is okay but not great.The wait staff treats you like they are doing you a favor when they wait on you.I should say that the male waiter on the deck is awesome.

• Visited August 2013