“good for hanging out”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Manchester, Connecticut
“good for hanging out”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The food is always OK. They have bands on weekends, so it is nice to sit outside, have a drink and apt. and listen to music

Visited June 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Depends on the day”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have visited Michael's many, many times over the years and the one constant is that the service and food are inconsistent. During May 2013 we visited and had dinner their twice and had two totally different experiences. First visit the service was poor and the food warm, the second visit (we had been meeting friends at the bar and decided to eat there) was totally the opposite, the service was great, the food was hot (fish and chips, and seafood pasta) and very tasty.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank WorldT001
NH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,160 helpful votes
“Take the side trip to Michael's Harborside”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Newburyport has been a favorite destination for decades, and my companion has dined at Michael’s Harborside many times over the years. This was our second trip to Michael's together, and our first in at least three years. With many Newburyport restaurants to choose from, Michael’s is slightly on the edge of the shopping/restaurant path, but worth the effort to find.

We arrived for lunch on a Wednesday about half past noon. The place was already quite crowded and bustling. We were promptly seated on the lower level in a side alcove, where we feared we would be forgotten. A server finished delivering orders to one table and then did not miss a beat in coming to ours and taking our orders for drinks and our meals. My companion ordered a cup of the seafood chowder and the skewers of Loki Loki chicken from the appetizer menu. I asked if the Seafood Toss could be done in something other than a Pernod sauce, since I have a dairy allergy. Our server suggested a red sauce, which worked out fairly well, considering that this required the chef to improvise.

The food arrived fairly quickly, considering the crowd present. A different server delivered our meals. The chowder, with a thickened base, was tasty. There were four skewers of chicken, twice as much as my companion could eat. The chicken was flavored nicely, and accompanied by rice chips and a pineapple salsa. The seafood toss resembled a cioppino, though the red sauce was much heartier than the customary broth of a cioppino, and was quite substantial--I was glad I did not order any salad or appetizer. The Riverwalk IPA, a local brew, was quite crisp and hoppy and went well with my seafood.

The only drawbacks we could see about Michael's are 1) the parking was fairly tight. Incoming patrons had to wait for others to pull out of a parking space in order to get a spot; 2) the place is quite noisy. If you don't have a window seat, the atmosphere is not relaxing or fun to look at.

• Visited June 2013
6 Thank StarWeez
Charlton, Massachusetts
“Yummo”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Sat outside,beautiful view, waitress, Molly so helpful with recommendations as we had not eaten here before. From drinks, appetizers to entrees food was excellent!! It is rare to find a restaurant where each and every bite tastes delicious, but honestly my husband and I enjoyed every morsel and he is NOT easy to please!! Great job, will definitely return!!

• Visited June 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
“This place puts a hold on your debit cards”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

it took over a week for the hold to come off my card, and that's what they claim, I think someone there tried to double dip on my card as the charges were 3 days apart. no response from the management, but what can you expect when its ex inmates running the show

• Visited May 2013