“Fresh and flavorful”

Metzy's Taqueria
Ranked #23 of 101 Restaurants in Newburyport
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have a weakness for tacos, and was thrilled to see this truck in Newburyport. I have visited several times and have tried many things on the menu. The steak tacos have tender meat, a flavorful sauce and onion rings that are to die for. The shrimp tacos are the best I have had. Juicy and flavorful! My 6 year old son says the chicken tacos are "awesome". Highly recommend!

1  Thank Michelle P

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We've been waiting quite a while to get to Metzy's and Yankee Homecoming Friday was finally the day!!! I had the sweet potato and black bean burrito and my husband had the fish burrito. We both loved our choices! We'll be looking for this food truck out at Plum Island airport. Make the trip out...the food is delicious! The service was slow but that was only because Metzy's had a ton of people ordering.

2  Thank NancySNBPT
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I have been trying for a while to get up to the airport at Plum Island to try the fish tacos . Got there yesterday and the truck had broken down :-((

However , the truck was fixed today and was in downtown Newburyport for the first day of Yankee Homecoming . Had 2 of the fish tacos. They are delicious . I will definitely be a return visitor

Fresh , reasonable price, and yummy flavor

1  Thank gmann7643
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I'm a fan of tacos and burritos and have always been disappointed that there wasn't a quick taqueria in town...then I found Metzy's.When in the mood for a quick tacos or burritos, I used to head over to Dos Amigos, in Portsmouth, or Las Olas (in N. Hampton)...in my opinion Metzy's is the tastiest. Metzy's is a food truck typically located on the Plum Island Airfield (or at least in the warmer months). You can find out where the truck is for the day by checking their facebook page. My only possible complaint is that they close early most days so I can never have Metzy's for dinner...but being a food truck I assume they wouldn't get much evening business.

Now onto the food, everything I've had is incredibly delicious! They offer tacos and burritos which your choice of filling: pork, chicken, steak, bean, sweet potato, and fish. I've had the pork, chicken, and steak in both tacos and burritos and it certainly doesn't disappoint. They use a chipotle sauce that adds a nice kick. Also there was chopped mango on my chicken taco, which was a pleasant surprise. The chips with salsa and guacamole are a cheap add on and are also rather delicious. Go to Metzy's, you will love it!

1  Thank Bee303
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We been several times and have tried now all the tacos. They are all so good I really can't choose a favorite so we'll just have to keep going back. Steak, shrimp and fish are the top three, however. the food is consistently good and it's just plain fun to hang out with the crowd that gathers. Food this good doesn't come in seconds. So relax, enjoy watching the kids play and get ready for a good meal. Next time I'm going for the burrito!

1  Thank MHS7560