My friends and I went to Newburyport to celebrate my cousin Lisas' birthday..she was visiting from VA.
She had a fabulous time visiting from VA...(3 fun filled days in historic and beautiful Newburyport with great friends)
Location was excellent and within walking distance to all the great Newburyport restaurants, shops and of course....the waterfront..
We loved the suite we rented because we had a fabulous rooftop deck...
We went to the beach during the day at Plum Island...went out to dinner and walked around and then looked forward to hanging out on the deck that evening..The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed the weekend!
Here is a breakdown of the pros and cons- I am only listing one con...I really had to think long and hard to come up with one because our stay was so wonderful
1-Staff- In one word AWESOME
Kathy , the Manager, is amazing. From start to finish she made sure our stay would be wonderful...From the first phone call I made to the inn- booking an awesome suite with rooftop deck- making sure all the details were taken care of with booking so check in was painless
Mark- He checked us in when we arrived. He was very friendly and made us feel welcome!
The staff working other shift were always friendly and willing to help if needed.
2-Rooms- The King suite was awesome...super comfortable plushtop beds and this room included a jacuzzi too..the deck was off of the bedroom. ( I liked using the cards to access the rooms versus using a key...very easy! )
The bathroom had good lighting (necessary for girls getting ready ..right!)
The kitchenette on first floor had stove/fridge which was great to have..the living room had pullout big couch that slept 2 comfortably ..
3-Location- Essex street is right off of State Street....you are literally in the heart of Newburyport and steps away from awesome restaurants and bars...and a nice walk to the waterfront... The beach (plum island) is only a few miles away by car..or if you are adventurous you could bike there.;....next time!
We enjoyed walking around and all the fun shops...
We loved Brine Restaurant... (awesome seafood..very different and yummy entrees such as fried oysters...salsa verda and with bacon- sounds bad - its so delicious people!)
Plum Island grill (you have to drive there..but its great after the beach)- great salads and
fish dinners...fun deck for cocktail hour
Cafe Sienna,Newburyport- Awesome capuccinos to fuel your shopping day :)
4- Price- very reasonable for really higher end property. I would stay there again in a heartbeat..
5- Amenities- They serve a continental breakfast (coffee/juice/tea/muffins/bagels/yogurt/cereal). This was available in the front lobby every morning.
We got tray with coffee and yogurt/muffin that we brought to our deck every morning.- so nice!
We also got coffee (keurig) to go which was great!
We didn't really want heavy omelettes / eggs for breakfast ..this was perfect
Plus..if you really want a big breakfast plenty of restaurants in walking distance
There is computer I believe available at lobby..but we didn't use this
6- Parking- There is parking behind property but its kind of a small lot. There is plenty of parking on the street which is what I did
CONS- Only con- No umbrella on the deck...but only really needed it because it was kind of hot both mornings we were there... That is it for cons
So if you are looking for awesome get away with friends and/or family I suggest the Essex Street Inn and Suites It is also a great place to stay if you are in town for wedding..we saw alot of people dressed up that looked like they were going to event! ...
I am from the Boston area..however if you were out of towner..this is the perfect place to stay to get to know Newburyport..the location is amazing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in historic downtown Newburyport, the Essex Street Inn provides charming and comfortable accommodations for business travelers and those fun get-aways. The Inn is only steps away from casual and elegant dining, the famous waterfront, arts and cultural events, fine and funky stores, and the finest antique shops. The Inn contains 38 beautifully appointed rooms and suites all wired for high speed internet access. A lovely breakfast room offers fresh teas and coffees around the clock, continental breakfast, and the morning paper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Essex Street Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essex Street Inn And Suites
- Essex Street Hotel Newburyport
- The Essex Street Hotel