Compass Rose Inn
Fairfield Inn Amesbury(Amesbury)
$118
$134
Hampton.com
Blue - Inn on the Beach(Plum Island)(Great Value!)
$429
$99
$89
$80
TripAdvisor
All reviewsquichenew englandfrench toastsitting roomdressing areain townfederal stylewithin walking distanceworking fireplacepristine conditionbreakfasts were excellentlounge areabanana breadside streetlarge bathroomyogurttwo sinks
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I would lIke to express my gratitude on behalf of my husband and myself to both Gloria and Al for a wonderful four night stay at The Compass Rose Inn. I don't often find the time to write reviews but have made an exception because their B & B is worth a serious recommendation.
We came to Newburyport because our daughter waa taking part in a lacrosse camp nearby. We had come a long way (England) and arrived early at the Inn (check-in is 3pm) and this was no problem as our suite was ready (unlike some major hotels we have stayed in). Our suite really was perfect and believe you me I am very hard to please. Breakfast was served every morning at a large table where it was shared by all guests and was most enjoyable to listen to each others travels. Gloria even accommodated me with my gluten free diet. All in all, a perfect break for me and my husband and what a way to remember my 50th birthday which I celebrated on the day we arrived. Thank you, Gloria and Al.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect.
1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I recently spent two weekday nights at the Compass Rose Inn. Our expectations were pretty high given the reviews and we were not disappointed. From the minute you walk into the Inn you know that this is one great place. The suites were fantastic...large, clean, lots of light, nicely decorated, the A/C was great and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was large, had beautiful fixtures and was very functional and clean. We were on the first floor and we could hear some noise above us (footsteps and plumbing) but it was minimal. We parked in the front of the Inn and given the central location never moved it while we were there. The breakfast was great...and Gloria even provided it to us on our departure day at an earlier time than usual to accommodate us. The location is phenomenal! Newburyport is a great walking town with lots of quaint shops, restaurants and bars (many with water views). We just had a great time and the Compass Rose Inn is a no-brainer if you like upscale lodging in a central location.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so keep that in mind if you have issues with stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CT-TIM
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Compass Rose Inn in Newburyport, MA is simply a fantastic place to stay. Gloria, the innkeeper, is as warm and friendly a person as one can ask for, plus she makes a killer breakfast each morning. The Inn is immaculate and the rooms are gigantic with a full sitting area. The wood details and finishes throughout the house are impressive, as well as the huge windows overlooking the outdoor sitting area and street. The location of the Inn is great as you are close to the action in Newburyport as well as a few miles down the road from the beaches of Plum Island. We stayed here with some other couples we know for a wedding in town and we all had a wonderful experience. I definitely highly recommend to anyone and everyone!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank cmenzer
Reviewed July 18, 2013

A gorgeous property with lovely people. The rooms are large and private and the woodwork and finishes are beautiful. Gloria, the innkeeper, is extremely knowledgable and so helpful when we were looking for places to visit on our drive back towards Boston. Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

To begin with, the innkeeper Gloria is extremely helpful with everything and very accommodating. My daughter is gluten free and she even had gluten free bread to go along with the delicious breakfast! She also had beach chairs and towels if you want to drive to Plum Island 5 miles from the hotel. The hotel rooms are big, clean and well decorated with really comfy beds. Its also only a short walking distance from the shops and marina. The only thing to keep in mind is that the majority of the parking is in the back of the inn and not in the front.

1  Thank Kim S