“I won't be coming back.”
Review of 10 Center Street - CLOSED

10 Center Street
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States
“I won't be coming back.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

If your coming to Newburyport and want to have a good meal. don't waist your time and money at 10 center street. The food is pub food. Overpriced mediocre pub food. I hope they improve for there own sake. maybe the bar is a fun place to spend some time with friends but the dining experience is to be skipped!! There are better places around to spend your money!

• Visited August 2013
Jasmine R, Manager at 10 Center Street, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hello Yvonne,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Ten Center Street. It is valuable feedback such as yours that allows us to improve every day. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations and that you did not find value in our menu offerings. We offer weekly $5 specials Monday - Friday and 10 items under $10 every day of the week. We do hope that you will join us again. Please contact me directly should you choose to dine with us in the future and I will see to it that you have a wonderful experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Newburyport Ma 01950

Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Quiet, cool and tasty”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Lobster bisque appetizer along with seared scallops for lunch entree were deftly presented and superbly flavored. Scallops are difficult to sear without over cooking but these two meaty muscles were tasty. A fish taco in a soft tortilla was cute but pricey at $5. The burger was rare with incredible fries. Sharp and attentive server this day. Worth the trip and the time.

Visited July 2013
Jasmine R, Manager at 10 Center Street, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hi Richard H,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at Ten Center Street. We are pleased you enjoyed your meal and the service and appreciate the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Overpriced with an identity problem”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at the pub at 10 Center Street twice this month with different people. Both times I wondered if I was in a pub or moderately expensive restaurant. The menu has a broad mix of dishes which don't collectively convey "casual pub", and several dishes are overpriced. I was surprised by the $49 seafood tower appetizer and mid $30s steak. The food itself is pretty good, but the ambiance detracts from the experience. Both tables we sat at almost fell over when the cardboard keeping them level became dislodged; the music was loud and stuck in a mid 1980's groove; and the lighting is awful. It's sad because being in this landmark building is such an opportunity to create a great pub experience.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Backbay7
Jasmine R, Manager at 10 Center Street, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Hello Newburyport,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Ten Center street. In addition to our landmark tavern we also offer a more upscale casual dinner atmosphere in our upstairs dining room. If you choose to dine with us again please contact me directly and I will see to it that you are seated in the perfect table to meet all your expectations. I look forward to seeing you again.

Ten Center
jlewan@tencenterstreet.com
Philadelphia
“Surprisingly solid for pub food”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We ate there on a Sunday night in July at a cozy table in the inviting bar. It was nearly empty, so we had none of the noise issues apparently experienced by others (though hint: if you want a quiet dinner, don't eat in a bar). Calamari to start was fresh, well prepared (actually fried in hot oil so that the casing was not peeling off; thanks!) and had a tasty, spicy sauce. I had a half portion of the lobster risotto, and although I was not expecting much from pub food, it was excellent. The risotto was creamy and the lobster and scallops were very fresh and delicious. For a special birthday dessert, we were offered and gladly accepted a giant chocolate chip cookie topped with ice cream, served in a small skillet. Yum. Service was exceptional.

• Visited July 2013
Hello Rundeep,

Thank you so much for your great review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your calamari and lobster risotto. It is nice to hear that you joined us for a special birthday celebration and our famous skillet chocolate chip cookie. I hope to see you again in the near future.

JLewan@tencenterstreet.com
Salisbury, Massachusetts
“Way overpriced for what it is”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Five of us ladies went to Ten Center on a Monday evening in July. I read recently that people should not go to restaurants on Mondays because the food left from the weekend is not fresh.
I had a very limp, and I mean limp, Ceasar salad drenched with dressing with salmon. The salmon was a good size and it should be for a twenty four dollar price tag. My friends ordered mac and cheese with lobster which contained few pieces of lobster. The waitress did not tell us of the specials which are reasonably priced. Overall, we spent a large amount of money for meals that were not worth the price. We were all disappointed. I ate at Ten several years ago, and while pricey, the food was delicious. I don't mind paying fir good food but last night was a real rip off in my estimation. There are much better places to eat in Newburyport.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank VallVonn
Dear Vallvonn,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your visit to Ten Center Street. Although we strive to ensure that each guests has an amazing experience each and every visit we obviously missed the mark with your and your girlfriends. We take pride in the freshness and value of our food and I apologize that you did not receive the exceptional food or service that we offer. I would love to be able to show you that Ten Center Street is the place that you remember. When you dine with us in the future please contact me directly and I will see to it that you have the best experience possible.

JLewan@tencenterstreet.com