“Surprisingly solid for pub food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 10 Center Street - CLOSED

10 Center Street
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Philadelphia
“Surprisingly solid for pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We ate there on a Sunday night in July at a cozy table in the inviting bar. It was nearly empty, so we had none of the noise issues apparently experienced by others (though hint: if you want a quiet dinner, don't eat in a bar). Calamari to start was fresh, well prepared (actually fried in hot oil so that the casing was not peeling off; thanks!) and had a tasty, spicy sauce. I had a half portion of the lobster risotto, and although I was not expecting much from pub food, it was excellent. The risotto was creamy and the lobster and scallops were very fresh and delicious. For a special birthday dessert, we were offered and gladly accepted a giant chocolate chip cookie topped with ice cream, served in a small skillet. Yum. Service was exceptional.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jasmine R, Manager at 10 Center Street, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Hello Rundeep,

Thank you so much for your great review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your calamari and lobster risotto. It is nice to hear that you joined us for a special birthday celebration and our famous skillet chocolate chip cookie. I hope to see you again in the near future.

Jasmine Lewan
Manager
Ten Center Street
JLewan@tencenterstreet.com
(978)462-6652

Salisbury, Massachusetts
“Way overpriced for what it is”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Five of us ladies went to Ten Center on a Monday evening in July. I read recently that people should not go to restaurants on Mondays because the food left from the weekend is not fresh.
I had a very limp, and I mean limp, Ceasar salad drenched with dressing with salmon. The salmon was a good size and it should be for a twenty four dollar price tag. My friends ordered mac and cheese with lobster which contained few pieces of lobster. The waitress did not tell us of the specials which are reasonably priced. Overall, we spent a large amount of money for meals that were not worth the price. We were all disappointed. I ate at Ten several years ago, and while pricey, the food was delicious. I don't mind paying fir good food but last night was a real rip off in my estimation. There are much better places to eat in Newburyport.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank VallVonn
Dear Vallvonn,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your visit to Ten Center Street. Although we strive to ensure that each guests has an amazing experience each and every visit we obviously missed the mark with your and your girlfriends. We take pride in the freshness and value of our food and I apologize that you did not receive the exceptional food or service that we offer. I would love to be able to show you that Ten Center Street is the place that you remember. When you dine with us in the future please contact me directly and I will see to it that you have the best experience possible.

Jasmine Lewan
Manager
Ten Center Street
JLewan@tencenterstreet.com
(978)462-6652
Fresno
“Loud bar crowd...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Food was just 'okay.' Some serious sound dampening work needs to be done as it was impossible to have a conversation at our table due to yelling and bellowing that was going on at the table adjacent to ours (loud drunks) Someone from our table actually had to ask the out of it diners next to us to please quiet down so we could enjoy our dinner. The meat entre on the 'special' was tasteless and tough...lobster pie was delicious. All anyone at our table could do was 'eat' as conversation was impossible. This dining atmosphere is not romantic, relaxing or in any way a fine dining experience.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank goodchi
Chicago, Illinois
“2nd Visit to 10 Center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went on a beautiful summer day, but sat inside versus the patio, just to stay cool. We sat in the pub. Blackberry martini was a perfect start. Funny, blackberries are the one fruit I am not a fan of because of their tartness, this drink was perfectly sweet. The waitress is very cheerful, reminds you of some TV character, just not sure who. I had the lobster bisque and half of the chicken parm sandwich. Half and Half was just right. The half of the chicken parm was a little funny - full bun was still used, so more chicken than bun. They do take Opentable reservations.

• Visited June 2013
Boston
“Disappointing visit on a special day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had brunch at 10 Center to celebrate our anniversary. We had dinner there 27 years ago on our wedding night & we thought it would be a nice romantic experience. Their regular dining room was closed for a bridal shower & we had to sit in the pub. Their buffet brunch at $25/pp was also a dissapointment. Both salads were totally limp and soaked with dressing. There was not a vegetable to be found and everything was geared toward the heavy carbohydrate or meat, with one fish dish that was heavily coated. The frittata was tasteless. The only saving grace was the fruit salad and mimosas and the wait staff. If you want a superior and less expensive brunch try David's Tavern.

• Visited May 2013