“Picturesque Spot but Average food.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Not Your Average Joe's - CLOSED

Not Your Average Joe's
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
“Picturesque Spot but Average food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I arrived in Newburyport at lunchtime and was quickly pointed in the direction of NYAJ's. I was on my own and asked for a table outside. I was seated right outside the door which was ok, still a views but a very busy area which was a bit distracting. As a previous reviewer mentioned the bread and garlic-Parmesan-olive oil dip are fantastic. However I was far less impressed with my burger & fries. I ordered the "Backyard Burger" expecting it to come with bacon & cheese as per the menu. However there was cheese but no bacon. The fries were good, thin and crispy. The burger was very very boring. Almost no flavor whatsoever and I eventually gave up because I really was not enjoying it.
Otherwise the location is great, the service was prompt and polite. Just he food left something to be desired.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Schenectady, New York
“4th Of July Get Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

we stopped in to get out of the heat and have some lunch. We found the food to be the best we have eaten. They serve bread to dip in oil and Parmesan, which is out of this world. I ordered a watermelon sangria that was wonderful. I got the chicken Caesar salad and the chicken, though grilled skinless. was juicy and delish. We also ordered pan seared fish that was fresh and so good. All in all the very best cooked food we have eaten.

Hampstead, New Hampshire
“Newburyport Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Yesterday we visited Newburyport & went to Not Your Average Joe's Restaurant. The staff was friendly, service was excellent, as was the food. Unfortunately, is was too hot to dine outside as we often do there. We are never disappointed here!

“Glorifed Taco Bell”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Was here on Saturday, June 28, 2013 with a large bridal party. The outdoor setting was nice and the service was good. The food was horrible!!! So disappointed. I had the chicken fettuccine which was like rubber and burnt to a crisp. I could barely cut it. It was saturated with capers and large slices of lemon. I tried my partners dish which was cod and fries. The fries were over cooked, the cod was also over done. The bride-to-be had the scallop skewer. The scallops were rubbery. There were several appetizers. A flat bread pizza which was tasteless and the other appetizer - I have no idea what it was. A flatbread with raw tuna and mayo on top. NASTY!!! The brides scallop skewer was soaked in corn mixed with cheese??? What is that all about? The worse combo I have ever heard of. Thank God the service was good or I would have had to rate a one!!! Also glad the tab went to the grooms parents as I wouldn't have paid a dime for that. We couldn't wait to leave, go back to the hotel and get some "real" food. The only good thing was the bread/olive oil which I am glad I ate plenty of or would have starved. You should put a little care in the presentation of your dishes.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Terrible food , everything over done !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Went there for a rehearsal dinner . Over crowded , noisy , and Nasty food ! Bread was ok , that was all ! Every dish was overcooked , sloppy presentation , not what we expected . The huge menu explains that everything is frozen , canned and not fresh ! Typical chain restaurant !!! Disgusting !

• Visited June 2013