“Unfortunately average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Not Your Average Joe's - CLOSED

Not Your Average Joe's
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Branford
“Unfortunately average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We weren't wild about the food, but we were impressed with the table service and with the responsive management, who encouraged us to be honest in our opinion of our meal and deducted one of the items from our bill that wasn't up to par. Joes gets an 'A' for effort.

Visited October 2012

New England
“Fresh and new ideas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I like that they send me a FREE Birthday and Dessert every year! I have not disliked anything yet! We go all of the time!

Visited August 2012
Parrish, Fl
“Most Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Spent the day walking around the Newburyport waterfront on Sept 1st. We hadn't been there in many years and was surprised to see the restoration of the area. We had skipped lunch and by late afternoon decided to try NYAJ'S. Despite looking very busy we were seated right away. My herb encrusted haddock dinner was excellent. The other dinners ordered were excellent as well. Our waitress was always checking on us but never rushed us. They have several other locations in MA. I highly recommend them.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice setting, really good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I always thought this place was a burger/pub type food. It's not. You can get a burger, but the menu has a great variety of food from salads, sandwiches, and entrees. My salad was fresh, service was good even though it was very busy. We really enjoyed the outdoor seating. Their garlic dip for bread is amazing. I asked for a gluten free menu and I got a gluten free roll with seperate dipping sauce to avoid cross contamination of my friends bread crumbs :) Nice touch.

Visited September 2012
Boston
“Something for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

This place has a perfect, comprehensive menu on which anyone can find something they enjoy. I, for one, am obsessed with their waldorf salad. I especially like that I have the option to order a half portion, because I do not eat large portions. They have yummy beers on tap as well!

Visited August 2012