“Outdoor Patio is the best!”
Review of Not Your Average Joe's - CLOSED

Not Your Average Joe's
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Went here for drinks and sandwiches and ate outside. Great food and atmosphere. The pizza looked great, I think I will try it next time.

There are newer reviews for Not Your Average Joe's

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Had a very relaxing lunch with wonderful harbor views at Joe's. The server was very friendly as was the rest of the staff. Lunch arrived quickly and hot. Loved the crabcake blt sandwich and my daughter loved the chowder. Will definitely go back if only to try one of the desserts we eyed but had no room for.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

If you want the view, this is my favorite place to pay for it. 2nd would be Michael's, last is Black Cow. Go have drinks after work and stay for dinner. It is a bit of a chain, but very good and a great value for the location.

1  Thank joelinda
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We went to Newburyport to relax and were looking forward to eating fresh fish at the restaurant. We wandered into Joe's without reservation and were promptly seated on the back patio with a great view of the harbor. Of note was the welcoming freebie appetizer which was a concoction of Parmesan, garlic , chillie and olive oil with chunks of wonderful dipping bread. The meal itself was
My wife had the lobster roll (it was off menu but available on request). Served with fries, it was reported to be very good. I ordered the scallops and were told they were out. I learned later that this had happened to others on another occasion. I took the herb crusted haddock. This was the best and freshest fish that I have eaten in many visits to restaurants. A coleague took the pizza which was also quite good. It seems that this restaurant can produce extremely good meals but sometimes has problems with provisioning. Service was about average, local beer was good(Harbor side pale ale), but the wine was not to my liking.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Average food, decent service, but this place needs a makeover! The floor was filthy, tables sticky, plates and glasses soaking wet. My wife got a cold salad in a boiling hot plate. There was something that looked like puke on the floor and no one cleaned it up. Screaming kids all over and too noisy. This place has decidely turned down hill.