“I like the location...”

Black Cow Tap & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Cow Tap & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in Newburyport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If I had to choose between the Cow and Michaels, I would choose the Cow...mainly for the better location and better ambience...the menus are similar...

There are newer reviews for Black Cow Tap & Grill

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We went to lunch here today and it was outstanding. I had a cup of Chower and the Fish and Chips. My wife had Sweet Potato Bisque and Haddock pasta special. The Sweet Potato Bisque was to die for. The best we ever had. My Claim chowder was cooked to perfection, the clams were tender and not over cooked. Right away I could tell the fish they used was fresh off a local boat. In addition we had the "Effen Good Bloody"! It is a bloody Mary made with cucumber vodka. Totally delicious!!! The location and view is great! It is right on the water front with great views no matter where you are seated. Within walking distance to all the great shops in downtown Newburyport. Service was so good I left a 25% tip. We plan on going back VERY soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Wonderful lunch on a cold winter's day overlooking ice jams and ducks. Enjoyed the special of the day, fresh fish sandwich with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and tangy sauce. Great service. A nice stop on the road

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My readers – are there any/ - know that I only give out the excellent rating ~25% of the time. Sometime I get soft, but in this case – no reservations at all. I started – after a couple of on-tap beers form their 20+ selection - with the goat cheese and onion tart. Not the best goat cheese I have ever had, but a darn nice app, excellent presentation – volume, flavor. For main - the mahi-mahi special. Wow! Citrus salsa a highlight, great roasted potatoes, nice asparagus. Best-ever meal category. Combine with excellent service. Simply… excellent.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had the filet mignon and asked for it Pittsburgh style. It was cooked to my liking. Rare on the inside and blackened on the outside. Very tender. Crisp oven roasted potatoes accompanied the steak. This is the place to go for a good steak.