“Nice and comfy”

Black Cow Tap & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Cow Tap & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Newburyport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Wonderful lunch on a cold winter's day overlooking ice jams and ducks. Enjoyed the special of the day, fresh fish sandwich with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and tangy sauce. Great service. A nice stop on the road

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My readers – are there any/ - know that I only give out the excellent rating ~25% of the time. Sometime I get soft, but in this case – no reservations at all. I started – after a couple of on-tap beers form their 20+ selection - with the goat cheese and onion tart. Not the best goat cheese I have ever had, but a darn nice app, excellent presentation – volume, flavor. For main - the mahi-mahi special. Wow! Citrus salsa a highlight, great roasted potatoes, nice asparagus. Best-ever meal category. Combine with excellent service. Simply… excellent.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had the filet mignon and asked for it Pittsburgh style. It was cooked to my liking. Rare on the inside and blackened on the outside. Very tender. Crisp oven roasted potatoes accompanied the steak. This is the place to go for a good steak.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Met sister and brother in law for annual pre-Christmas lunch (it is mid-way for us). As usual the food was very good. Each of us ordered a different seafood dinner and all of us were pleased.
We sat in a booth overlooking the ice and water while a fire was raging in the fireplace.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had the special which was the steel head trout and my wife had a chicken pasta dish. We were there late in the evening around 9PM on a Friday. Our table was ready, the service was very fast despite the place being packed and the food was incredible and a great value in my opinion. It has a wonderful view of the water and is scenic any time of year. We will return