“Great food and friendly service.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angie's Coffee Shop

Angie's Coffee Shop
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albany, New York
“Great food and friendly service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Went there for lunch and the selection was outstanding. Great prices and fast friendly service. It's just off the main street of town but it within walking distance from anyplace. Very busy place so that tells you its a local favorite!

Santa Monica, California
“Reliable food, great local spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Angie's food is very reliable and has a lot of choices on their menu for both breakfast and lunch. It's got a friendly, fun atmosphere. It's very reasonably priced and had something for all of us -- which included my elderly folks, lots of kids of varied ages from 9-21 and a bunch of middle aged finicky eaters. Definitely recommend if you're in Newburyport.

Visited April 2014
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Great diner food in a congenial setting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

It seems a bit unfair to compare Angie's with the bigger restaurants in Newburyport. After all, it started out as a kind of breakfast/ lunch cafe and now serves early dinners. Nothing pretentious, just good food at inexpensive prices--and we love it. The old-fashioned seating is in plastic booths, or at the counter. The best breakfast you can get--with eggs, bacon, pancakes or french toast, orange juice and coffee--anytime! There are also Eggs Benedict--totally delicious--and corned beef hash or omelets. Sandwiches made them famous and there is no better Tuna Melt. Reuben, or Turkey Club. There are specials daily--homemade soups and usually a hot meat or chicken entree. They also have a very good lobster roll. A variety of Greek items--chicken souvlaki,sausages, spinach pie and cheese pie are all homemade (Angie was a Greek, after all, and his successor is as well). The music is pure 1960's and the decor is also--but the servers are delightful and the food is fine if you don't expect deluxe.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Colorado
“Good Local Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I sort of ended up at Angie's by default when the bagel place that was my actual destination hadn't opened up yet and I didn't want to wait another 30 minutes. Good thing for the "Near Me Now" feature on TA.
When I walked in I knew I had hit a true "Local" place when everybody turned toward the door and all conversation stopped while they sized up the intruder. I sat at the counter and perused the really interesting menu. Lots of typical diner food but some excellent options. I was finally offered a cup of coffee by a not particularly friendly server, and the cook looked me over. At least I knew he couldn't spit in my omelet since I could see everything he did. I had a Mediterranean Omelet, which was really very good and full of delicious ingredients. The home fries were good but a little soft. I was offered a second cup of coffee along with the check, as if to say, "Hurry along, stranger." I couldn't believe it when the fellow working the cash register actually asked me about my visit to the area, and seemed genuinely interested in what my business was. It was too bad that I didn't feel as welcomed by anybody else, or this place would have gotten rated higher.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“A must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Whenever we visit Newburyport, Angie's is at the top of our list for breakfast. The varied menu provides satisfaction for every taste in our family from healthy, light snacks to the hefty eaters. The staff are delightful, nothing is too much trouble.

Visited April 2014