“Fun to mingle with locals”

Angie's Coffee Shop
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Boston
“Fun to mingle with locals”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Food is okay, basic breakfast and lunch stuff but old style diner feel and place locals hang out. Not as much about food as atmosphere.

Dallas, Texas
“What a breakfast!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Great poached eggs and everything else. What a serve. Good service and such generous servings. Amazing. Will go back in a heart beat if my heart can take it!!

Visited May 2012
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Very good and quick”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We went for breakfast. The food is traditional breakfast fare. The service was quick and the food was good. The restaurant was clean. The price was reasonable.

Newburyport, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing special, but OK diner food”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I've been to Angie's a couple of times for breakfast. It's servicable...nothing objectionable. And if you keep your order simple, or stick to the specials, it can be easy on the budget.

But somehow, I'm always a bit disappointed, Their menu is simple, typical diner food. And it's not bad. But somehow, I always leave thinking it could have been better, or wishing I'd eaten somewhere else. (I've been to other diners that leave me craving their food, but I've never had a craving for anything I've had at Angie's. I guess if I'm splurging calories for hash browns or pancakes & syrup, I want it to be worth the splurge)

The service is pleasant, the coffee is hot, but....the pancakes and eggs tend to be tough, (If you listen carefully while you're waiting for breakfast, you can actually hear the grill cooks overbeating both the batters and the eggs...it's almost musical, like a percussion section and seems like they've raised it to an artform, so, no wonder)

So, I guess I'd say: keep your order simple, don't expect anything fancy and Angie's won't disappoint. And don't be put off by the weekend morning crowds, because things move pretty quickly.

Oh, and be sure to look around, and wander toward the restrooms and check out Richdales (connected in the back...it's a corner store with everything ...and I mean everything...in stock) the decor, wall art at Angies and layout are unique and worth taking in.

• Visited November 2011
Lunenburg, Massachusetts, United States
“Breakfast on the run”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We like Angie's for the diner-type atmosphere, friendly service & historical photos of Newburyport. It's a great place to stop on your way out of town after vacationing here. They even have REAL maple syrup! : )