“Like an old south meat and 3 place, but New England style”

Angie's Coffee Shop
Ranked #12 of 101 Restaurants in Newburyport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I was in town all week and was tired of all the great seafood. I just wanted Mom's cooking and this place had it.

1  Thank joelinda

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Angie's, conveniently located just off of State Street, has decent food and a nice ambience. You'll get a satisfying meal, however, it isn't anything special... Let me put it this way - if all of my other go-to breakfast places in town are packed, I'll consider dropping by here for a bite to eat.

To their credit though, service is good, the location is convenient, and the decor is very cute.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

We had breakfast here while visiting friends from the area. First, we waited 5 minutes to get our menus. The food was okay, standard breakfast. My husband didn't like his omelette and it had green pepper that he didn't order. But he didn't send it back because we had already waited over 30 minutes for our breakfast while we watched others around us get theirs, eat it, and leave as we waited. They had no explanation, just kept apologizing. We had two one-year-olds with us who were hungry and getting fussy so we were trying to entertain them by having them play with the spoons. Then, about 5 minutes after we had tried and abandoned the spoon idea the manager came over and asked us to "cool it with the spoons". It was so rude and uncalled for that we almost walked out. But, instead waited another ten minutes for our mediocre breakfast.

I will say that the waitress was nice, though very busy.

1  Thank Newenglandeater
Reviewed August 25, 2008

This is not really any all that special, the simple fact is that all of the other breakfast places in Newburyport have closed up or become even worse then this place. With Mary, the lady that used to own Angie's, gone it has slipped into mediocrity and is not even worth a visit anymore. Kathy Anns was better, now closed as of retirmenent, Taffy's was better, now closed again they guy just got out of the game as owning a breakfast shop means lousy hours. Fowels was better and is now a crap hole where someone will throw a couple of frozen waffles in the toaster for you. The federal st cafe was better, someone bought the building and turned it into their house. It really is a matter of this being one of the last places left and just not sucking anywhere near as bad as the others that are left, like the "Finest Kind" which is anything but.

There was someone that comment on there being homemade eggs benedict at Angie's, well that is not really the case. The only thing that needs to be made is the Hollandaise and that comes out of a package there. I do know this for a fact and is not just an opinion.

So if you want some overpriced omelets that aren't all the great give it a go, you'll get exactly that.

I live in NBPT and have for over 20yrs, when I go out for breakfast now I go elsewhere , such as the Hallow Cafe in Amesbury, or the Friendly toast in Portsmouth NH. thats right , I'll drive to Portsmouth rather then eat the overpriced slop they serve at Angies.

1  Thank RdRRR
Reviewed June 30, 2008

The most popular destination in Newburyport for Sunday breakfast. You come here because you want the real thing. The line at 11:00 AM will be out the door, but it moves quickly (about a 30 minute wait). I never venture past the "homemade" eggs benedict because I can't imagine anything tasting better, but the pancakes do look good. Good coffee too.

1  Thank OriginalThomas144